Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your Seat Cowl Fly off's here!
I mentioned it to "Berts Mega Mall" & "Pomona Kawasaki"
I know there's another location for this but this is a Gripe!

Mine flew off while riding home on 06/27/03 Moto is 2 weeks old.

·
Registered
479 Posts
People driving behind me must think I'm constantly digging in my A$$ because I'm always reaching back there to assure myself I put it on and locked it down well enough.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I don't understand why everyones is so paranoid about their cowl's flying away. If you clip in correctly their should not be a concern, or maybe I just got lucky and my cowl fits just perfect.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Originally posted by Sh1n5

I don't understand why everyones is so paranoid about their cowl's flying away. If you clip in correctly their should not be a concern, or maybe I just got lucky and my cowl fits just perfect.
It's called, "I have to drop my hard earned cash on a pipe, paint and other mods so I dont wanna have to replace that damn cowl too" syndrome.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine flew off as well and I know I fastened it down. I called Kawasaki warranty and they were a$$holes about the whole thing. :(

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i would get a solo seat tail fairing when i get one in the future. its embarrasing to go back and pick up a part that fell off my bike...i know that feeling to well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I guess I don't have to worry about my solo tail falling off, I didn't get one from my dealer, was I supposed to or did I have to pay extra?

·
Registered
479 Posts
The bike is supposed to come with a cowl,... I hate it when the dealer tries to screw you. It's bad enough at the McDonalds drive (ride) through, but an $8500 bike is a helluva lot different than a $3.99 extra value meal. If they dont give it to you ask them who their supplier/importer is and call them. If they wont tell you try calling Kawasaki. If that doesn't work post the name of the dealer here, asking if anyone else had this issue and e-mail them a link to the post (dealers hate negative mass publicity, thats how I got our car for $1500.00 under cost). and if you still don't have any luck, try the old "I've hired an attorney" approach. Whatever you do don't let them win... the greedy bastards:(

·
Registered
129 Posts
My cowl is solid, but i always make sure it's onright before i take off. If it's falling off, it's because you didn't put it on right.. or you have a defect.. which happens. but i don't think it's a real problem for everyone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
my friend broke his off his SuperHawk while doing a wheelie, I think he said he was on the tank and slid off and came down hard onto the seat and his ass hit the rear cover breaking the clips sending it bouncing down the street behind him. Sucks but rather than replacing it he bought a 929rr, anyone know someone that wants a 98 SuperHawk 996 with a Corbin seat with the backrest you can email me at [email protected] and I'll ask him, he wants $6000

·
Registered
60 Posts
My cowl was a bitch to put on at first also. Try re-adjusting the bracket that hooks into the bike. It has little alignment pins molded into it but there is enough play in it for slight adjustment. Mine fits like a charm now and doesn't give you that forced fit fealing anymore.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Mine too. At 1st, it was a pain trying to get it to lock in, but now, I don't need the key to open the lock to secure it. It just slides right down and locks into place. Haven't had it fly off though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine flew off the first week I had it on the wantagh parkway in New York. Hit my friend who was behind me right in the head!! He was pissed. Nothing like leaving your bike on the side of the parkway to run in the road to pick up your seat cover. Those lying pricks over at LI Kawasaki in Hicksville replaced it for free. DONT EVER BUY FROM THEM!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Hell mine is hard ass hell to put on, I do not believe there is help for mine . I am use to the fight now. But once it is on , it is on....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Originally posted by NemesisOne
People driving behind me must think I'm constantly digging in my A$$ because I'm always reaching back there to assure myself I put it on and locked it down well enough.
I do the same thing.[:M96]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.