Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My seat keeps getting torn up from the sun and just worn down, are there any ways to repair seat cracks and rips on them, I really dont want to buy another seat, I would like to repair this myself, does anybody know where I could get vinyl or something to repair the seat? thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
My seat keeps getting torn up from the sun and just worn down, are there any ways to repair seat cracks and rips on them, I really dont want to buy another seat, I would like to repair this myself, does anybody know where I could get vinyl or something to repair the seat? thanks
Just go to any HARDWARE Store and get ur self a sythetic Leather Tape,
then nicely tape your seat.

Voila.:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
time to upgrade to a corbin seat. really comfortable.
Do this with no further Problems !!! if ur seat is torn apart from the sun what in the world would like for us to tell u ( rap it up with tape ) :mad:

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
BTW I live in Texas where high temperatures in summer are normally in the triple digits and my bike sits in the sun for at least 8 hours every day and my stock seat lasted a little over 3 1/2 years.

Where do you live that your seat vinyl is cracking so much?

:dunno:

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is really easy.

Most seat covers are just stapled onto the seat remove the old seat cover and replace with a good heavy vinyl and you're done. Use the original vinyl as a template to cut the new vinyl. Very easy.
+1!

I did that worked like a charm. Only I took out half the original staples and used vinyl with a design to cover the original cover (little more soft with 2 layers). Lasted good but decided to switch it up again. The original cover got the design sun faded into it haha but covered it again and walla. Cheaper and easier than repair I think.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do this with no further Problems !!! if ur seat is torn apart from the sun what in the world would like for us to tell u ( rap it up with tape ) :mad:

"My seat keeps getting torn up from the sun and just worn down"

If the cushion is worn down, tape will not fix it.... unless he meant the seat cover.. just replace the cover. I wanna see some pictures of "tape" on the seat. probably looks ghetto as hell.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts