Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo0 Guys my Bike just throws this code randomly this weekend and i hear a small bit of ticking in my motor now. I have 16K on the Odo though. Should i take it in to get a tune up and a retune for the Power Commander?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re:

The Code was for my secondary butterfly Valve is all i was told i didnt personally right the numbers down. As far as the maintence goes.... Not sure you even wanna know... I been getting my oil changes every 1500 Miles and fluid swaps and what not. But i havent taken it to an actual place to be takin apart and looked at for my 15k.

·
Registered
177 Posts
for 15k you shouldnt really need a shop to look at it just regular oil changes and brake inspections etc.... if your geting a code about your secondary butterfly valves thats the second set that are mechanically controlled for smoothing out throttle response.... if your in warranty i would bring the bike in to a kawi shop

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
for 15k you shouldnt really need a shop to look at it just regular oil changes and brake inspections etc.... if your geting a code about your secondary butterfly valves thats the second set that are mechanically controlled for smoothing out throttle response.... if your in warranty i would bring the bike in to a kawi shop
i thought the secondary ones where there electronically controlled ones?
i may very well be wrong here. so its more of a question on my part than a statement.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i thought the secondary ones where there electronically controlled ones?
i may very well be wrong here. so its more of a question on my part than a statement.
you are correct, i wrote my post wrong the secondary ones are controlled by the electronic motor

but still get that puppy into the shop and get it checked out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
FWIW I've heard that taking those out helps with power delivery a ton. I've never read much about it and will probably do some research at some point. But just tossing that out there..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts