Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kinds of security precautions do you guys take when leaving your bike alone unattended for hours on end? (movie theaters, whereever). I'm thinking about the disk locks, there cheap and they look reliable. Any comments...?

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
the problem with the disk lock is you don't see it ... you jump on your bike, hit the throttle, and BAM!

I use a ubber thick cable lock and try to park next to something I can loop the cable through ... it wraps around the rear seat bars when I am riding solo ... but I do take it off when the gf is on ... so don't know if that will work for you.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
disc locks are great, so are cable locks. i actually carry both with me all the time. my disc lock came with a bright orange bungie cord that you look around the throttle so you dont forget its there.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i believe the brand is called On Guard. i just have one, use it on the front. if there is a place you leave you bike frequently, you should buy a super heavy duty chain and leave it locked to your parking place.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Master lock has a new thing called bike cuffs, like big handcuffs you can attach to your forks, they look sweet going to get me a set at work one of these days for when i go away from home terf lol
Ben

·
Registered
32 Posts
i tie a rabid chicken up to handlebars. its got fangs! really tho, ive got the xena disc lock, with 110 db siren built in. works great , heavy duty and pretty loud.

·
Registered
532 Posts
problem is that only stops them from driving your bike away if they have a pick up and three stong guys, say good by. i have insurance. only way to prevent a total loss

·
Registered
613 Posts
I broke down and bought the Scorpio SR i300. Took 20 minutes to install (witht the factory wiring harness). Yes I know...it will not stop someone from picking it up and carrying it off but nothing will (OK well the Glock might). Its a big noise maker and lets me know when someone is messing with the bike. If anyone tries to take it, maybe someone will pay attention to the lights blinking and the siren wailing and eiter stop them or get a plate number. I think thats the best you can reasonably hope for.

BTW, I got a discount on insurance for the alarm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.