Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what it is: you know when you stand the bike up they have that little glass cirlce at the bottom of the bike so you can see how much oil you have? Well there's not white stuff there. Could it be moisture building? It's pretty cold down here. But the bike peforms the same. And also around the oil cap, oil seems to be leaking, not spewing out but making it slippery and oil around that area, how in the hell do I stop that?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you know when you stand the bike up they have that little glass cirlce at the bottom of the bike so you can see how much oil you have? Well there's not white stuff there
whats the problem? oil leak? i dont understand your post.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Oil and filter change and recheck your oil level, sounds like it could be too high.
No idea what that white stuff could be but sounds like some contamination.
dump the oil if its not too new.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
What does the residue on the filler cap feel like? Is it a solid or of an oily consitituency? Should be the latter. If so, it sounds as if the oil is emulsifying, this is quite common when the temperature starts to drop. This is caused by condensation mixing with the oil. Assuming that's what it is, a good blast to get the engine thoroughly warm will remove it but if you do mainly short journeys, expect to see it re-occur.

·
Registered
344 Posts
If the oil is foamy, it probably has water in it. I personally would change the oil and filter. As the temperature drops, the chance of condensation in the engine increases. Make sure you get the bike fully warmed up each ride to avoid this.

If oil is leaking around the oil cap, you may have lost the o-ring that seals the cap to the engine.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks yall, I did a search before creating this topic but only under "oil leaks" and didn't find tom uch stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.