Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. best engine in its class. Coming from an SV650, I guess you're used to having torque everywhere. The 636 has the best torque in its class -- if you go with a 600RR or an R6, you might feel the torque is anemic.

2. best brakes in its class.

3. best lap times in its class (in comparos).

And it's either on par with or not far behind other bikes in any other category, e.g., looks, handling, comfort, etc. Plus, you can probably get a better deal on it than on an r6 or 600rr.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Because it's hands down the fastest 600 ever made, pretty damn well the best handling one too, the lightest production sportbike of its kind, and imho the best looking motorcycle on the market today.

Every time I ride it, I only feel better about this bike. Without question the best motorcycle I have ever had the privilege of riding, and I've owned and ridden some pretty nice ones. It's got an uncanny ability to give me a stupid helmet-stretching grin every time I take it out. Nuff said.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
68 Posts
About 2 months ago I took a new Ninja for a test ride and fell in love with it. The only way I can get one is to sell my current bike. I'm coming off an SV650S, and I was wondering if you guys can tell the three things you love most about your 2003 Ninja? I love the torque of my little SVS, but I need more performance than it can offer. Why does the Ninja blow the others away? If all goes well, I'll be a new ninja rider in a few week:D!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
1. Brakes, Brakes, Brakes. The front brakes are so good, they're almost scary.
2. Fuel Injection. Enough said.
3. Improved riding position and overall feel of the bike. It's the most comfortable sportbike I have ever ridden, if you can call them comfy.

Overall, an almost perfect package... if only you could fit a tap system on it somewhere.

Get on it....., and then GET ON IT!

·
Registered
471 Posts
If we have to tell you then you wouldnt understand. Just kidding.

1. Brakes
2. Engine
3. Suspension
these are the 3 keys to a good bike, the kawasaki has the first 2 & you can always tune its suspension. So it kicks the other bikes butts. And I can get them in VA cheaper than hondas or yamahas

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just bought my 03 636 a week ago and while this is my first bike, its not the only bike I have ever ridden. Compared to the other 600s this year, this one rules the class. Its faster lighter, and it DEFINITLY has more torque than any of the others. I agree with micty about the other bikes feeling anemic. I rode my Fathers Harley (torque monster) and have ridden several 600s and the 636 seems to do everthing right without haveing to keep the thing above 10,000+ RPM all the time. You can have fun on this bike at just about any engine speed.

Good luck, and remember while we all love our Ninjas you should always pick the bike that is best for you and your riding style.

Mr. Speed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup Yup 636 "03" Rules,
I just broke my in and I caught myself cruising at 143 on Saturday
I didn't even think I was going that fast, it was scary looking at the odometer and seeing that [:0]

636 Hands Down!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If you need three reasons to buy the 03 636 you need to be [:M60](j/k). Just look at it, it's by far the sweetest machine Kawasaki has ever made(imo). Going from the SV650S I promise you won't be dissapointed.:D

·
Registered
350 Posts
First its the best 600 on the market. Its an incredible looking machine.

Second: handling, the weight and ability to throw the bike around.

Third: Fuel injection. Incredible feeling.

·
Registered
239 Posts
1. it eats all other '03 600s as snacks
2. extremly light (355 dry)
3. fuel injected

here is a dyno chart of the 03 compared to a couple other 03 600s

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
i came from a 02 R6 and i love my 636 10x more. Wheelies are easy stoppies are easy. Bike is light brakes are great its just all around great bike. You wont be unhappy if you get it.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
In the new issue of T.W.O. they are showing 109hp and 49.6lb-ft for the stock 636. Yummy. Apparently their dyno readings went up significantly on the 6R with additional miles from their original shootout... I know mine feels stronger each time out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
While I have not had the chance to ride a 636 yet, I understand what you mean TOES. I also have an SV and was about to trade up when I got laid off. Stay clear of the R6. It is an awesome machine but feels very weak compared to the SV around town...on the track its a different story. Hope you get the Kawi though. I'll have to wait awhile for mine. Maybe next year the 636 will come in GREEN!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.