Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a while atleast.

It was a fun 2 years with my bike. I bought it in college and had some of the best times I have ever had while I was riding it.

Now i'm in the real world and I want a new car. Wanting a new car along with the fact that I am still alive after 2 years of riding is enough for me to get rid of it. I'm either going to get a new Tahoe or an Acura TL. I can't have a car and a bike so one of them has to give way, and it is going to be the bike.

Just wanted to say that my next post will be in the classifieds so you guys can have first shot at it. Probably wont be up in there for a couple more weeks or so.

Thanks for all the great advise guys and the hours upon hours of entertainment provided to me by reading through all the threads. This forum kept me alive out there and if I ever get another kawi again i'm sure i'll be back.

The bike is an 03 silver zx-6r in good condition.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can't really afford both.

If I end up kicking myself in the ass over it later, I can always get another one.

But when I am sitting in my new TL with navigation and i'm cruising around town, I don't think i'll regret it that much!
[:M46]

G

·
very understandable. sometimes u gotta let go of the things u love to make way for something better and more convenient. thats what i had to do couple weeks back when i sold my beloved firebird. i got an older 4 cylinder, but its in so much better condition that to me it feels like a new car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
dont get either of those two cars though. get something classy but fun so that you wont kick yourself too much. maybe infiniti g35?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL since when is an Acura TL with navigation not classy and fun? Do you know what car i'm talking about? And an 07 Tahoe? That isn't classy and fun? The g35 I have looked at for a long time but decided there isn't enough room for me in the 2 door coupe, and I really don't like the 4 door as much as I like the 4 door TL.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol, I KNEW you would chime in on this convo. Add about 5189 to that 11 bucks and i'll think about it k?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why don't you just keep the bike and get a slightly used TL if that's what you want? I'm sure you'd save over $5200 buying used anyway...

·
Registered
552 Posts
I say you are insane! I'd never give up my bike for any car. Shoot I'm building a new house and I'm making compromises just so I still have money for track days!

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Why do you need a TL with navi to "cruise in"? Trying to pick up the high school chicks, aren't you? :D

Seriously.. I know you want a sweet new car, and you're willing to sacrifice your bike for that, but why not get a happy medium? Keep the bike, and have a decent car that may not be quite as expensive as what you're currently looking at!?! That would allow you to have your cake AND eat it too

...and you'd pick up a lot more high school chicks. LOL!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
did I mention the fact that I really don't enjoy riding anymore? That plays a big role in my decision. And the TL is going to be a used one, there is NO way I could get a new one.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
TL is a really nice car, I say do what makes you happy. I looked for a TL before we got my wife her Lincoln Ls, New with Navi they are $34,500, used they are still around the $29-30k range. They hold their value well. One of my friends had the TL Navi and it is a nice car, too bad my LS spanks it every time she races us...lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.