Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the semi shifters for the Kawi. It says on the website that:

- System is compatible with the semi-automatic shifters (legal in AMA Supersport racing), which temporarily cut ignition to facilitate clutchless shifts at full-throttle
How exactly does this work? Do I need to buy the shifters and install them for this to work?

Do any of you have this on your ZX6R?

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I have a question about the semi shifters for the Kawi. It says on the website that:

How exactly does this work? Do I need to buy the shifters and install them for this to work?

Do any of you have this on your ZX6R?
Get a Dynojet Power Commander PCIII, a Dynojet Ignition Module, and a Dynojet Quick Shifter. Voila .... about $850 later, you will have a "semi-automatic shifter". It basically cuts the spark to the engine for a few milliseconds to allow for the clutchless shift. They work great!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

n just so u know it lets u to do full throttle clutchless up shifts.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
it shouldnt hurt it as long as u dont do it all day.. if my drag terms are right that would be power shifting

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried it a couple times on my 08 ZX6R and it works, but only when I release the throttle and shift up at the perfect time without the clutch.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
yeah u have to let off for a second to allow the gears to move.

·
Registered
317 Posts
these bikes come with a clutch less up shifter. It the same when using the clutch just have 2-3 pounds of pressure then back off the throttle a little then shift.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
u can up shift any thing while ur off the throttle. the bikes are wired so u can hook up a Quick Shifter which allows u to up shift with out letting off the throttle cause it kills ur spark for a split second.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Just becareful down shifting with out the clutch that can some times not end up so good.

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I tried it a couple times on my 08 ZX6R and it works, but only when I release the throttle and shift up at the perfect time without the clutch.
Clutchless shifts will work without all the stuff I mentioned ... the big difference is that you have to cut the throttle for a split second while you perform a clutchless upshift. The quick shifter, PCIII, and ignition module will cut spark to the engine to allow you to make a clutchless shift while at full throttle. The difference is there is no hesitation with all the equipment.

yeah u have to let off for a second to allow the gears to move.
:plusone:

u can up shift any thing while ur off the throttle. the bikes are wired so u can hook up a Quick Shifter which allows u to up shift with out letting off the throttle cause it kills ur spark for a split second.
Exactly what he said.

There is no part called a "clutch less up shifter". You can shift anything, up or down, without the clutch.
:plusone:

that statment means that the gear indicator(sp) will still work with aftermarket quick shifter.
Gear indicator will still work.

Is this what they call "slippers clutch" ?
No ... the slipper clutch allows the clutch to slip on downshifts.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If I am correct, there is no where in the manual that says to do this. It states to pull the clutch in for gear changes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i only use the clutch to take off and come to a complete stop, everything else can be done without the clutch as long as you temporaryily let off the throttle... and if you do it all the time you can get good at it and save yourself hundreds of dollars by not buying a quick shift kit

just fyi

·
Registered
626 Posts
i almost always shift without the clutch going up, but coming down i use the clutch. just back off the throttle a little and shift, nothing hard about it. downshifting without the clutch you can do, but i wouldnt recommend because it is more stressful on the tranny and easier to screw up if you mess up. letting off the gas a little to upshift is easier and safer than adding gas to allow a downshift.

no clutch for upshifts. clutch for downshifts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts