Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first I must say that you have much better forums in UK than here in Sweden.
Much more ”action”, but of course, you are a more in Numbers.
I was a member of your UK CBR-forum earlier when I had a Honda CBR1000F, same there.
When I renovated (or restored) the bike I had a lot use of it, because many had met and solved the problems that arosed. Recently I passed the older of sixty (can’t believe it) but still feel like twenty-five.
Anyhow, it should be fun to make a Poll, I think you call it, and check the age of members here.
I think that particularly Kawasaki has younger drivers than fx. BMW, since they have more agressive image, Honda are more mixed, both older and younger.
This was just some thoughts, you have to excuse my bad English, but I have to practise it.
I’m really looking forward to some coming discussions and advices on this forum and good luck in the future, all of you, there will soon be a new spring again.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dan, I would say that it is more an international forum than a purely British one. There are many senior riders here too, but I agree that Kawasaki is largely seen as a "macho" brand and thus more attractive to younger people.

Do you still own that Honda CBR1000F or did you get a Kawasaki instead?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, to be honest, I got tired on Honda, they are a bit ”lame”, if you know what I mean?
In the 80’s when I worked as a bike mechanic, on part time, Kawasaki was for daredevils who drove mostly on one wheel,:rolleyes:
After checking up prices and reviews on different bikes, I noticed that the ZZR-models 1100-1200 are very affordable, a competent sport-tourer for a decent price. And, it got what the Honda didn’t have, so called driving pleasure.
The only bike that I would prefer is Honda Blackbird, but they are significantly more expensive. Perhaps it will be next bike, I usually trying to change bike every third year, depending on economy.
It’s not fun to have an expensive bike standing still, if it gets a lousy summer.
A big part of the joy with bikes, is to change and test something different.
Perhaps you agree.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Well, to be honest, I got tired on Honda, they are a bit ”lame”, if you know what I mean?
In the 80’s when I worked as a bike mechanic, on part time, Kawasaki was for daredevils who drove mostly on one wheel,:rolleyes:
After checking up prices and reviews on different bikes, I noticed that the ZZR-models 1100-1200 are very affordable, a competent sport-tourer for a decent price. And, it got what the Honda didn’t have, so called driving pleasure.
The only bike that I would prefer is Honda Blackbird, but they are significantly more expensive. Perhaps it will be next bike, I usually trying to change bike every third year, depending on economy.
It’s not fun to have an expensive bike standing still, if it gets a lousy summer.
A big part of the joy with bikes, is to change and test something different.
Perhaps you agree.
The ZZR 1100 is one of my favorite bikes ever and a perfect representation of Kawasaki ethos so I definitely approve. Trying different bikes periodically definitely has its charm. Until you find the special one that is!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts