Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get the '03/'04 ZX-6R? I tried to buy one on Kawasaki's site, but they are backordered.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The only place to order the official manual is from your local dealer .
Bit of a taboo subject as anything other than official is subject of copyright legislation.
I can only say the official manual is very informative and whatever you pay for it, you will get your money back in work saved.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My copy is the official factory manual...Scanned in. Only copyright infringement if your selling it or rewriting it calling it your own....I am not doing either...Just trying to help someone out

·
Registered
97 Posts
Originally posted by jzoz01
Where can I get the '03/'04 ZX-6R? I tried to buy one on Kawasaki's site, but they are backordered.
I can sell you my OEM one if you are interested. It is slightly used, but in very good shape. The service manual for 03 covers both the ZX-6R and the ZX-6RR.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Originally posted by cory1848
My copy is the official factory manual...Scanned in. Only copyright infringement if your selling it or rewriting it calling it your own....I am not doing either...Just trying to help someone out
I would think that Kawasaki would not see it as so. You are reproducing their manual without their permission.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
all right reserved - no parts of the publication may be reproduced, stored on a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means blah blah blah..........
thats on page two of the original manual , you may not have that on your pdf.
We all want to help but not at the expense of getting blocked from the forum.
the oem is looking good, you get the original manual and inturn help mdmoto who has one to sell - everyones a winner [8D]

·
Registered
205 Posts
So go tell on me....geez...Trying to help the guy out, if you dont like it go away...

BTW - your local dealer is not the only place you can get the manuals either. There are plenty of online places to get the official versions.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
well geez - mdmoto and i are trying to help you both out - read between the lines of our posts and you will see that by offering a non official product on a kawasaki dealer forum will get you banned[xx(]

these are the forum rules , not mine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Have you ever copied a CD? Downloaded music to your computer? Made a photocopy of a text book? All copyright infringement....

Again, its not a Non Official product....Its official...Non official would mean someone other than the person who wrote the "official" one wrote it. Its OEM. Ok, so if you want to get techincal about something as retarded as what your making this to be, to be techincal...I am not giving it away, I am letting someone borrow it...I scanned it in to make a backup copy of it, (which is legal, check your copyright laws).
Satisifed? Glad I could at least help one person out...

BTW - Dont threaten to ban me if you dont have the power to do so...Have you looked at your avatar lately? That would be copyright infringement as well...as I am sure you didnt write and publish that article and picture...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by lbknuckles
well geez - mdmoto and i are trying to help you both out - read between the lines of our posts and you will see that by offering a non official product on a kawasaki dealer forum will get you banned[xx(]

these are the forum rules , not mine.
Still trying to find out where it says this on the site? What is a non official product? Care to give me a link?

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Have you ever copied a CD? Downloaded music to your computer? Made a photocopy of a text book? All copyright infringement....

Again, its not a Non Official product....Its official...Non official would mean someone other than the person who wrote the "official" one wrote it. Its OEM. Ok, so if you want to get techincal about something as retarded as what your making this to be, to be techincal...I am not giving it away, I am letting someone borrow it...I scanned it in to make a backup copy of it, (which is legal, check your copyright laws).
Satisifed? Glad I could at least help one person out...

BTW - Dont threaten to ban me if you dont have the power to do so...Have you looked at your avatar lately? That would be copyright infringement as well...as I am sure you didnt write and publish that article and picture...
Fine, I will threaten to ban you.
The site rules prohibit asking for, or posting a link to an electronic copy. Consider this your only warning.
We don't want to be dicks, but this is a Kawasaki fan site, and we don't want to support someone stealing from Kawasaki.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts

Still trying to find out where it says this on the site? What is a non official product? Care to give me a link?
Every time a new thread is started, several rules are posted.
One of those reads:

DO NOT POST ASKING FOR OR LINKING TO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL
No requests for service manuals or linking to the same will be allowed. Your account will be removed without question.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy

Fine, I will threaten to ban you.
The site rules prohibit asking for, or posting a link to an electronic copy. Consider this your only warning.
We don't want to be dicks, but this is a Kawasaki fan site, and we don't want to support someone stealing from Kawasaki.
Under the general Posting policy, nothing was there, it is blank post...Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot, if I am, your rules are not that easy to find. I will ask you then...Where are the rules? Someone show me the rules so I can read them...

No link is posted either...and I was not the one asking for it...So as of right now, according to your rules which I cant find... I am not violating anything....

I am not trying to be a dick either, just that when someone else is being a dick and applying rules to everything and cant back that up with something concrete... Why should I take that persons word?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy

Every time a new thread is started, several rules are posted.
One of those reads:
DO NOT POST ASKING FOR OR LINKING TO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL
No requests for service manuals or linking to the same will be allowed. Your account will be removed without question.
Well seeing as I wasnt the one who posted this thread I did not see that...It, however doesnt show up in replies to threads...Maybe it should?

But again, I did not ask for the manual nor did I post a link to one. So as I have already said, I am not violating anything.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
This isnt about me - Not saying my $hit dont stink , this was about helping you stay the right side of the forum.
In answer to your question - Yes, yes and no your quite right it is, wasnt me treatening if you read it again and yes, yes and your quite right again.

[:DeadHorse2]

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally posted by lbknuckles
This isnt about me - Not saying my $hit dont stink , this was about helping you stay the right side of the forum.
In answer to your question - Yes, yes and no your quite right it is, wasnt me treatening if you read it again and yes, yes and your quite right again.

[:DeadHorse2]
As far as I am concerned I was always on the "right side of the forum" I agree with you though about the beating a dead horse...

Been on a lot of forums where "rules" just come out of the air because so and so said so and no one ever backs it up. Seems to be the same here. Never had a post deleted because I said I had something though...Think thats a little childish...

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Your post was deleted because you offered to send it to someone who asked for it, that is as good as a link.

There is something called "the faith of the law", there are a billion different scenarios for getting someone a service manual, or other electronic file, we are not going to try to list them all.

I'll look into creating a "rules" page.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.