Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have an 03' with almost the 600 miles that the dealer recommended i put on, should i have the servicing done by them or just change the oil like i did with my old bike?

·
Registered
563 Posts
dont waste your money by taking it to them.. just change the oil and oil filter yourself...check the chain to see if you need to tighten it to...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's kinda what i thought myself just didnt know if the fuel injection would be different then a carb bike. thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have 300 on mine and I already bought oil and a couple of filters for mine, I don't have the money to take it to them so that they can [:M43] me with money. I rather do it myself and then my friends can check the rest of the bike, they did it with my old one. I rather save the money and get me an exhaust for the bike.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Not all bikes are broken-in at 600 miles. Use non-synthetic oil at the first oil change.

The 600-mile service includes more than just an oil change. Check out your manual for a full list. You can perform the service yourself without voiding your warranty, if you keep your receipts.

Also, try pushing the search button. This question has been answered before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.