Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some friends and I were working on my bike some time ago to install a fender eliminator and undertail light. Anyhow, we had problems putting the stock exhaust back in due to the cables for the exhaust valve being too tight. We tried turning the servo back a couple milimeters and fit the exhaust and cables back on; however, this triggered my FI light. I had a mechanic confirm that my servo motor is hosed. He claims it costs approx $200 to replace the servo. This seems really expensive and I don't know what to do, so I'm asking around for options/opinions.

Is there a way I can get the servo motor for cheap?

If I can't find it for cheaper, should I just get a slip-on exhaust that bypasses the servo motor completely? (Note: I've heard that some slip-ons bypass the servo, but fool it by connecting the cables elswhere -- I don't this will work for me.)

Any other suggestions? I appreciate it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i have a servo you can make me a offer i got it with the stock exhuast i got it works but i have two now.

i know someone makes a box to replace it too i will try to find the post and get ya a link.

·
Registered
651 Posts
it's the servo eliminator from ivan's performance products for $110. Not cheap, but clears up alot of room under the seat. I've had no problems with it so far(a few months).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.