Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing the jumper mod I disconnected the battery just to be sure that the ECU resets to european specs. Well everything turned out fine and I do believe the bike pulls a little harder after 13rpm's. Well now I have a new problem, When I disconnected the battery the clock on the bike reset and I have no clue how to set it to the right time now. I have no clue where my owners manual is so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks:D

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Good question. my bikes clock has been an hour off ever since i got it.. No clue as to how to set the thing

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I wondered this for a long time because I had the same thing happen after I disconnected some things. I don't remember exactly what you do but I'll start you in the right direction. Keep in mind that this information is probably available in your owner's manual, so that would be your best resource.

With the key turned to "on" but the engine not running, the two buttons to the left of your tach let you adjust the clock. First try holding both down and see i that does anything. After that try holding the top one only, if nothing still then try holding the bottom only.

Honestly if you just play with it for two or three minutes you'll get it. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
137 Posts
look in white manual you got with your bike it tells you there.

1. turn bike on
2. hold down reset till clock is flashing (2sec or so)
3. press reset again the hour will blink press the top button to change time
4. press reset again for the minutes, same deal
5. hold down reset to complete

·
Registered
344 Posts
I couldn't figure out how that worked. Granted I never took the time to consult the manual. I thought you were just adjusting the rate at which the light blinked.
No, I got into it once accidentally while trying to adjust my clock. You can move the timing of the light in incriments of 500 rpms. It kinda scared me because when you get into that function, your rev needle jumps way up to like 15,000 rpms....lol.... I was like WTF?!?!?!?

Read the manual, then adjusted it where I like it now

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
No, I got into it once accidentally while trying to adjust my clock. You can move the timing of the light in incriments of 500 rpms. It kinda scared me because when you get into that function, your rev needle jumps way up to like 15,000 rpms....lol.... I was like WTF?!?!?!?

Read the manual, then adjusted it where I like it now
I can't remember but if you push the other button while adjusting the light I think it's the reset button while adjusting the shift light setting it'll go up in 100rpm intervals if you really wanna fine tune it.

Habs

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes you can adjust it in 100 rpm increments. I can't really remember off the top of my head but you can adjust the light its self to come on bright, dim, and flash on and off when its trying ti indicate shift points. Its a really nice feature that i haven't noticed on any one else's bike. +1 Kawi - 1 everyone else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts