Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone running N2o on a 94-97 zx9r help me out? I'm going to put nitrous on my 9...I just want to make sure I'm making sound decisions as to what parts I plan to use. I'm new to the nitous thing, but have a few years experience with turbo cars, so I realize some things apply.

Here's what I plan to do/buy....can someone chime in if I'm missing anything, or have something listed I don't need? Or if there is a better counterpart to what I have listed?

1. 1 heat range cooler plugs (should i tighten the gap? vs. stock?)
2. Dyna 2000 ignition (to pull 2-4 degrees timing)
3. N2O wet kit (not sure who to go with...I want to jet for 10-15hp per cylinder)
4. MSD window switch (I happen to have one already from a N2o kit I bought for my car...never got around to installing it..kit or switch :))

I think that's it. The bike is stock except for a full titanium muzzy exhaust, K&N in the stock airbox, and a jet kit (don't know which one...previous owner).

I am going to get the factory 1.7 race kit and have the bike re-jetted with that kit...it had a muzzy slip-on, and I'm guessing it has a drop in jet kit.

Now for a few more questions: What air fuel ratio do you tune for on bikes...I need to know n/a and n2o air fuel ratios if possible. I intend to run the n2o tune a little richer than n/a. I know on turbo cars, we tune for around 11.8 a/f on pump gas....what is it on n/a bikes?

I think that's all of the questions I have.
Thanks for any insight and opinions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and one more thing...does no one run a set of aftermarket cams in a zx9r without having a big bore kit? I've been searching, and can't find any info on what kind of gains can be expected from a set of cams in a stock displacement zx9r...I found webb-cams makes cams...anyone else? well...besides muzzy..too expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.