Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiyall,

I own an '02 636. I've test ridden an '03 636 and they are completely different animals! In stock form the '03 felt fast! My bike in stock form simply sucked! It ran wide on exits (which I learnt the hard way![B)]), under the gas, and needed a good shove on the bars and firm commitment when the going got tight.

HOWEVER!

Much to my delight I found that the '02 bike responded VERY well to some setup.

Below is a combination of Standard, Track and Fast Road setups that I have come across in Mags and through trial and error on my favourite road.

I don't think they'd be much help to '03 owners, but '00, '01 and '02 owners might find them useful![8D]

:)STANDARD

F.Preload: 14mm showing
F.Rebound: 1 1/2 turns out
F.Comp: 2 turns out
Drop Forks: Flush
R.Preload: Spring Length 180mm
R.Rebound: 2 1/2 turns out
R.Comp: 2 1/2 turns out
Ride Height: 6mm

F.Tyre Press:36 psi
R.Tyre Press:42 psi

OPINION: Didn't like it[xx(]. Runs wide on exits. This distracted my concentration, reduced my confidence, and forced me to be very physical when the going got "brisk". Upside - is VERY stable at high touring speeds or long sweeping corners. Bumps are not a problem.

[}:)]TRACK

F.Preload: 9-11mm showing
F.Comp: 1 1/4 turns out
Drop Forks: 6mm
R.Preload: Spring Length 178mm
R.Comp: 1 turn out
Ride Height: 10mm

F.Tyre Press:32 psi
R.Tyre Press:30 psi

OPINION: VERY NICE! Completely different bike, handling is much, much sharper, but still retains the front end stability. Bike will hold line, and turns at a thought. Down side - too much for the road. Had to be very smooth, and hard suspension affected my confidence.

:DFAST ROAD

F.Preload: 14mm showing
F.Comp: 2 turns out
Drop Forks: 3mm
R.Preload: Spring Length 180mm
R.Comp: 1 3/4 turn out
Ride Height: 10mm

F.Tyre Press:34 psi
R.Tyre Press:39 psi

OPINION: Best compromise I could get for the type of roads I ride on (Aussie roads). The extra ride height allows the bike to hold a tight line. Additional R.Comp. allowed the bike to keep this line under the gas. Rest of the Preloads and Rebound settings were pretty much spot on for the road. Extra weight on the front means it rides with a pillion well. This is my most common setup.

Oh btw didn't like the D207s at all, but found the Bridgestone BT010s or the new BT012s to be the best tyre choice for my bike.

Hope this info increases you pleasure!

S.Monkey

To Be is To Do - Socrates.
To Do is To Be - Plato.
Do Be Do Be Do Do-F.Sinatra.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.