Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...anyone here got them through your dealership when purchasing a new bike? If so are you pleased with the service/care provided? I'm on the fence about whether to invest in one or not. I may do the extended warranty, but obviously am unsure about any "pre-paid" maintenance plan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I got one with my bike. It is a 3 year extended warranty and service contract with many extras like towing,out of gas,rental, and a couple other things I can't think of right now. It's like insurance, you may not ever need it...you never know so you can not really say it was a good thing or a bad thing until you have to use it. I would rather have it and not worry about anything. I don't have to come up with any money for any service and I don't have to worry about anything going wrong with it after the one year kawi warranty is up. Doesn't cover the wear and tear crap you know(tires, brakes etc.), but thats normal.

Edit: where did you get your bike? I got mine at Americas motorsports and have had no problems with either of my bikes there.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Hey man, I don't know how Sloan's prices are, but the shop down here near Birmingham where I bought my bike sells thier Kawasaki 4yr extended warranty for around $380. Thats about half of what everyone else sells thiers for. Might be worth the 2-3 hour ride south...the shop is about an hour south of Huntsville. PM me if you're interested. I'll give you some more info.

Oh yeah, it doesn;t matter where you buy the warranty from, since it;s from Kawasaki, all dealerships will honor it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip HDRydr2! :)

Nice lookin' bike you got there trashmonkey. [8D]

I spent most of the day yesterday going to different dealerships, looking at various bikes, setting on them, etc, etc.

As it stands right now, there is only one bike that I think I will be happy with, and that's the 06 10R. I'm not too crazy about the dual undertail exhaust, but overall I like the looks and feel of the 10R better than the other liter bikes (GSXR 750 included). The jury's still out, but that's where I'm leanin' at the moment...

D

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Originally posted by BigDally
Thanks for the tip HDRydr2! :)

I spent most of the day yesterday going to different dealerships, looking at various bikes, setting on them, etc, etc.

As it stands right now, there is only one bike that I think I will be happy with, and that's the 06 10R. I'm not too crazy about the dual undertail exhaust, but overall I like the looks and feel of the 10R better than the other liter bikes (GSXR 750 included). The jury's still out, but that's where I'm leanin' at the moment...

D
Sweet.....but you suck. I want one too.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

Thanks man!

now you will have to figure out the color lol

·
Registered
380 Posts
The black is sweet but check out all the hand prints on the one sitting at your dealership. Would be a pain to keep clean. Green is where I would probably go. I got the extended warranty but prepaying the services seemed like a waste of money to me. I had my dealership do the initial 600 mile glorified oil change and I've been servicing it myself ever since. Just buy a service manual. You save money, get to know the workings of your bike better (which could save your butt down the road) and I get a sense of satisfaction every time I do something to my bike. To each his own though. I just sat on a 06 10R for the first time today and it was really comfortable. Would love to take one for a test ride. Good luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by calen636
The black is sweet but check out all the hand prints on the one sitting at your dealership. Would be a pain to keep clean. Green is where I would probably go. I got the extended warranty but prepaying the services seemed like a waste of money to me. I had my dealership do the initial 600 mile glorified oil change and I've been servicing it myself ever since. Just buy a service manual. You save money, get to know the workings of your bike better (which could save your butt down the road) and I get a sense of satisfaction every time I do something to my bike. To each his own though. I just sat on a 06 10R for the first time today and it was really comfortable. Would love to take one for a test ride. Good luck.
Yeah, I've never owned anything black (Truck, Car, or Bike) for that very reason. The "solar yellow" doesn't look too bad in person, and looks better in the sun, but I've always been partial to "kawi green." ;)

D

·
Registered
302 Posts
I was really debating on getting the extended warranty and then decided to purchase it. It gives me peace of mind if I ever need to use it for major repair not to mention not worrying about all the roadside assistance stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.