Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
front of bike shakes when letting go of handlebars. anybody know if this could be my tires? Its a 97 ninja 250, i had the tires replaced 4 years ago, but i don't ride it agressively or anything. I also just had the front fork triple tree replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I attached pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
More than likely your tire. It can CE cupped in center. Feel it and see if it feels like eggs in center it can be caused by wheelies or over inflation even under inflation. Do you corner hard or do u ride mostly straight?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i never wheelie and i ride mostly upright and straight, i rarely hard corner and lean. I did recently have to put in more air, i had 15 psi in the front and 10 back. I went ahead and used the reccomended settings.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If the tire is not the issue, then I would check the steering head bearings. They could be worn due to the age of the bike or the top nut has become loose. After filling the tires to the proper pressure did it get any better or worse? Also did it do it after the front end work or did it do it before?

·
1,905 Posts
As posted, several things to check, especially as you posted the steering stem was a replacement.
Tires and tire pressure, steering bearings, steering nut correctly tightened, warped or bent wheel, even forks settings and fluid levels.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't remember the bike doing this before the seals were replaced, but I can't be sure.
How do I know the steering head beads are bad?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mine was doing this a few weeks ago. Checked the tire PSI and it was a bit low so i aired it up to what the tire said and now its gone! Try that Running a stock tire in the front and a Pirelli in the back

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts