Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that on the highway, at certain spots, my bike starts shaking. Is this normal, or do I need to adjust my suspension for my weight? Its usually only on some parts of the highway, not all the time. I guess it depends on how bumpy that particular point is. But is it normal for it to shake so much?

Do any of you have similar issues?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Is it the same patch of highway? I've never had that problem, other than on a rough area of road.

·
Registered
493 Posts
mine shakes sometimes when I let go of the bars to adjust the back of my T-shirt, I think it's got something to do with the fact that it doesn't have a steering damper. Anyone else have this problem and know if adding a steering damper would correct it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have noticed that on the highway, at certain spots, my bike starts shaking. Is this normal, or do I need to adjust my suspension for my weight? Its usually only on some parts of the highway, not all the time. I guess it depends on how bumpy that particular point is. But is it normal for it to shake so much?

Do any of you have similar issues?
if you havent laid down your bike recently we exclude a possible frame,or suspension issue.

therefore you might have a dented wheel. (are you climbing sideways often? or fell in a huge hole on the road?)

tire-job done wrong??

suspension not correctly being adjusted for your wheight can't create shake...BUT if the front fork isn't adjusted exactly the same way as the other front fork shake can be created...and many other things in the twisties...

so if you haven't any of the above issues you are propably smoking pot:D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't shake a lot, but it does feel bumpy. It only happens on certain lanes on the highway or certain parts of the lane. Usually I switch lanes to find one that doesn't feel as bumpy. I read the manual and I guess I need to adjust the suspension according to my weight.

Have any of you adjusted the suspension for highway speeds?

·
Registered
28 Posts
mine shakes sometimes when I let go of the bars to adjust the back of my T-shirt, I think it's got something to do with the fact that it doesn't have a steering damper. Anyone else have this problem and know if adding a steering damper would correct it?
if that happens on high speeds (talking about 60+ mph) you propably have a problem

if it happens on low speeds (lot less than 60 mph) is absolutely normal...and it shouldnt have an effect in your direction anyway

about steering dumper it depends on how hard or soft you adjust it

·
Registered
28 Posts
It doesn't shake a lot, but it does feel bumpy. It only happens on certain lanes on the highway or certain parts of the lane. Usually I switch lanes to find one that doesn't feel as bumpy. I read the manual and I guess I need to adjust the suspension according to my weight.

Have any of you adjusted the suspension for highway speeds?
ummm...you are confusing me...you said something about SHAKING in the first post not BUMPING which is a completely different thing.SHAKING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SUSPENSION NOT BEING ADJUSTED CORRECTLY FOR YOUR WEIGHT.

BUT if your weight "makes" the suspension too hard then yes it will feel bumpy for the obvious reasons.not only on highway speeds but everywhere...when hiting a small bump the hit should feel a lot harder than a softer suspension-wheight combo adjust or if thes suspension is set just to hard and many other variables

for high speeds you need hard suspension setting cause you dont whan the bike to be floating.

the usual thing is for someone to soften his suspension when he is going on a long trip-vacation for comfortness and you can understand why

so shaky or bumby? choose

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea let me rephrase that. Its more of a bumpy feeling. Have any of you ever adjusted your suspension for high speed riding?

·
Registered
237 Posts
if your tires arent balanced correctly they will shake at higher speeds. when i had my unbalanced race take offs i would get a good shake over 100.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well its a completely stock bike from the dealer. Had it for about a month now. Like I said, it gets bumpy at times on the highway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts