Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what sort of lap times people have done at Shannonville (Fabi or Nelson.)

Had my first track day last week on Fabi.

My best was 1:24:41

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cricket! Cricket!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm doing Nelson in August too.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The Pro's do Fabi in like 1.04-1.06, my personal best is a 1.19, if you got a 124 your first day that is actually quite impressive...[^]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was there again on the 6th with a bunch from Ottawa. We were on Nelson this time. My friends were running 1:04 - 1:05's but my best were in the 1:08's. Still pretty good I think for my first time on that track and my second track day ever. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Caboose.....apparently my times weren't good enough for ya to post? :(

LOL - so far best on Fabi was 1:18, and best on Long Track was 2:05. I'll be doing Nelson in Sept. so it's good to see some of the other times posted - let's ya know if you are in the ballpark.

BTW - first time at track with a 1:24...very nice

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got back from FAST (first time on a track ever !!!). I started the day running 1.44.38 in the first session they timed. By the end of the day I was running 1.17.44 consistantly.

Good Times !!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Fast Phase I - Nelson 1:10
Fast Phase II - Nelson 1:06 (crashed following lap) [B)]

I've heard the throttles are blocked on Fast bikes to only go 3/4 open.... dunno [?] can anyone confirm [?]

·
Registered
133 Posts
On FAST's bikes.
Phase I(June 02) (nelson)-best of 1:08 (Top Rider trophy too,LOL)
Phase II(July 04) (Fabi)-best of 1:17

yes, FAST's bikes have 3/4 throttle stops on them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A good fAST lap around fabi is 1:08, nelson, 00:57, long track 1:55, pro track 1:10 and thats amateur times pro is a whole different level,

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you sure about those times?

Nelson is a small track. Granted it was my first time on there (1:08) but I highly doubt I could make up 11 secs. 5 or 6 maybe.

Fabi is not a huge track either, although a lot faster. My best (1:24) So I need to make up 16 secs ?

Apparently I have my work cut out for me next season. :)

Originally posted by yeddy
A good fAST lap around fabi is 1:08, nelson, 00:57, long track 1:55, pro track 1:10 and thats amateur times pro is a whole different level,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Those times are accurate, to win a novice race you need to do 59 seconds on nelson and a 1:09 on fabi, to win amateur you need to do 56 on nelson and 1:05 1:06 on fabi. I know it sounds like a lot but a little bit in every corner makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
133 Posts
as far as I know, Fank Trombino holds the Nelson record ( 2004) aboard a full on Superbike (200 hp ish) on slicks at 55.xxx seconds.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.