Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search on this and no dice, so here it is:

I Found a really nice Shark Helmet I liked, but I want a Tinted Visor for it and, in doing a google search, all the sites that seemed to link up (Before I gave up searching the listings) were all european sites (Not surprising considering where the helmet is from). However, I'd like a Tinted Visor for mine. Anyone know a US site or one in Canada (Don't feel like paying for overseas shipping) that sells them?

Thanks in advance.

BTW: Going for the Shark RSR Barros (Green)
http://www.helmetharbor.com/estore/products.cfm?seriesid=Shark+RSR+Helmets

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Email helmet harbor, they can likely get them even if they're not shown on their website. The don't list the OGK visors either but they can get em. Nice lid BTW, I was looking at getting the Laconi at one time, but they don't fit my head very well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've used an Quantum Series Arai (*Dragon, Dragon*), RF900 Shoei (*Dragon, Dragon*), and a crappy solid black HJC. The Shoei was nice, and I liked it a bit (Esp after the HJC) but in the end I tried an Arai, and well, that was that.

The HJC was for like $25.00 when I got the bike and I was broke from getting other gear. It sucks for blocking noise (Wind, Engine, anything), its heavy and you feel it when riding a while, among other things. Glad I got it for $25.00...
--
--
Helmet Harbor did a review on the Shark Helmets which was positive, so I think I'll try it. Well, that and it seems like it will go excellent with a 2004 ZX-6RR and the gear I have lined up for summer use (Since that Teknic Cyclone Suit is geared more twards winter).

As for the cost, I tend to spare no expense on my safety gear. If the helmet holds out very well vs Wind noise, bike sound, and all else, its more then worth it (The Visor is like fog proof too!). >^.^<

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dont know of any sites but ive heard bad things about shark helmets. at first they werent able to sell them in north america because they didnt meet the standards then out of nowere suddenly they did....wonder why.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the Barros Black SHARK I bought right when they first came out here in Canada last season. I have the card for the place I bought it and the tinted visor from. I get it and post it here. They have good prices as well. I think I paid $700 all in.

SHARK are the Arai of Europe as far as reputation goes. It's a premiere race sponsor of many riders. It's as good, if not better than the Arai. Although, Arai does have great noise reduction.

I'm racking my brain trying to remember that dealer name....oh well, I'll repost later whne I know it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.