Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into getting a Shark helmet, mainly an RSI, and I've seen posts recommending them, so I have a few questions....

1.) I know the top of line is the RSR2, then RSX, then RSI, then S650 down there somewhere, but where do the S800 and RSF2/3 fit in?
2.) While I see that they all carry the DOT and ECE, does anyone recommend the S650 and S800?
3.) Someone posted a while back that they believe the S800 is being replaced by the RSI......does it have the same sort of pointy front end shape?

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
We have the s650's, All Sharks are very nice. My favorite one is the RSI, fits me nicely (only weighs 1400g (like 3 pounds)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So is it worth spending $100+ more for the RSI than the S650 or the S800?

·
Registered
927 Posts
i love the shark helmet. I have 2 RSI's myself one being a the Randy Depuniet Edition. I dont really have any complaints to say about it.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
We sell far more Sharks than any brand helmet in our store (Including Shoei, Arai)

They're amazing quality for the price, great fit and very comfortable. You can't do wrong. Just watch out for quality issues with the sun visors on the S800 and S650's. They will break if not handled like a creme brulee

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All right, I was originally thinking that I wanted an RSI Shuriken, then I was thinking maybe one of the cheaper ones, but now I've definitely settled on the Shuriken. Now my question is......does anyone know of a place where I can get a better deal than $240 for a red Shuriken?:Hmmmm:

Any more insight to support this choice or turn me away from it is also still greatly appreciated.......thanks guys

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've been around some Shark helmets, and I really like them. When I do get the extra money to get a new lid, It will be the RSR2. They flow plenty of air, and are really quiet for the amount of air flow, and the weight is awsome.

·
Registered
121 Posts
i have a shark s650 helmet. looking for a chrome shield for it but its been difficult finding one locally.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've got the RSI , S650, and an RSR2.
The S650 is the heaviest of all of them, RSI the lightest, and the RSR2 is slightly heavier that the RSI, but not as bad the the S650.
As far as fit, the RSR2 is noticeably snugger than the other two even though all of them are Med's. This is attributed to the fact that it's their racing model and is supposed to fit that way.
If I had to pick between the RSR2 and the RSI is would be a very hard choice...I guess I'd go with the RSR2 simply for the slightly tighter fit, which I prefer.
The light weight of the RSI is hard to beat though....

·
Banned
344 Posts
I have been riding with my Shark RSR2 for 2 years now. It is the best helmet I have ever owned.

Def buy what ever fits your face best. Mine was the Shark. I have no regrets

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spent about an hour trying on about 10 different helmet brands at a dealership when I was away since none around me carry much at all, and the Shark helmets definitely the best. I don't think I tried on an RSR2, just an RSI, and I loved it. I think I'm also"settling" on the RSI instead of the RSR2 is cost, plus the cost of new shields, because I believe I saw that the shields for the RSR2 were even more (don't quote me on it).

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am planning on getting RSR2 but all I could find to try in the local shops was size Large and I measure 58 cm exactly, plus the helmet I tried in the store was pretty used up so I had a little to much movement inside. I wonder if I could fit in to Medium I have a oval shaped head and measure 58 cm exactly. I tried Shark RSI Medium and that fit very snug. Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
11,326 Posts
I am planning on getting RSR2 but I I could find to try on is size Large and I measure 58" exactly, plus the helmet I tried in the store was pretty used up. I wonder if I could fit in to Medium I have a oval shaped head and measure 58" exactly. I tried Shark RSI Medium and that fit very snug. Can anyone could advise?
58"? If thats the circumference of your head, you may need something like this:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I think I've found a great deal on an RSR2....but I have not been able to find a shop that has them to try them on, just the s650 and the RSI, is the fit much different or that much tighter? And is it really that much better than the RSI?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts