Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you don't know a couple weeks ago I wrecked my bike by hitting a deer. So now I need all new plastic and a rear subframe. I was looking into getting a street/race set like the sharkskinz but I was wondering what the drawbacks are on them and which you guys would recommend. I need the street set that holds the headlights so the hotbodies are out unless they got a street set. Oh and I now some people who could give me a good deal on a paint job which may even include a custom job over just a single color depending on what they charge me.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i think the look good. im thinking of picking up a set. i think the street set cost more, but i bet you can pick one up on ebay for about $400. look to spend about another $300 for a single color paint job. not sure how much with the tank inlcuded though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually the tank on my bike was not even scratched. It is kinda weird. All the front plastic and rear subframe and plastic needs to be replaced but the center of the bike from the forks back were not touched. So all I need is the plastic, rear subframe, and front wheel.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man thanks. I tried searching but didn't get anything when I searched. I guess I didn't look for the right thing. But thanks for the link. By the way did you order a kit? If you did how do you like it?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nope haven't ordered one yet, probably going to order the OPP body work and have it painted black. My 636 was bought primarily for the track. I've done 3 track days with it and really like it.

This winter's projects are: put on body work, an Ohlins rear shock, a full exhaust system, and a PC-III. That will probably finish out the bike.

We're planning another track day in a week or 2, then its off to Freddie Spencer for his SR-2 class.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mjahelka/zx636.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.