Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anybody live in this area who fancies a ride out? I will be travelling there from the UK in May 2003 and will be looking at hiring a bike.

Currently own a GSXR750 and a ZX6R.

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CdnNinjazx6r,

Thats the place. Do you know where i can hire a bike from?

Any idea of how much it will cost?

nin73

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and are there any tracks round there i fancy getting in a track day if i can still get in my leathers!!!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'd be up for it. The biggest local track would be Grand Bend, but that's drag racing. Ummm, maybe TMP (Toronto Motorsports Park)? There's some dirt flat tracks around, but that's the closest 'big' track around.

http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/

There are VERY few places in Ontario that will rent bikes out. The two that I know of are Harley dealerships. Doh. Guys, anyone else know?

I think Brampton Suzuki USED to rent bikes out, but stopped. Anyone know?

'00 ZX6R silver

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I don't know of any motorcycle rental places, but I'll ask my dealer if he knows any next time I'm there.

Best local track would be Mosport, which is about an hour and a half ride from Sherkston.
Shannonville is also good, little farther though.

Both tracks are used by the Canadian Superbike Series..

The trackdays at Mosport are put on by these guys http://www.supershowevents.com/pldy03.html
but they dont have their 03 schedule post yet. Last year I think it was 2 a month or something like that.

I'm not sure what shannonville has for track days.. I know you can rent it for like $500 an hour, might be worth it if we get a bunch of people..

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Depending on the date and the work schedule, the DJ is in too, likely with a bunch of riding buddies... not sure of any place that rents out sportbikes... but I guess it can't hurt to call the local dealers (Claire, etc.) down that way to see if they'd rent out a used 6R or something similar...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
254 Posts
hey guys, Mosports 15 minutes north of me and I wanted to go there this summer so we should find out the cost and set something up.

Canada Kicks Ass

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would be very interested in the track day.

Keep me posted on the rental situation, as i might not keep up otherwise!!

When does the Canadian Race Season start up again as i would be very interested in taking in a race meet.

Do you guys race 1000's in your series yet or is it still 750's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.