Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've resurrected my bike!

After the dealer told me it'd cost $8700 to fix my bike, I managed to do it for $500 even by buying scuffed up fairings off Ebay, and some **big help** from my neighbors as far as elbow grease in getting it apart and back together, and painting.

I posted about going down in this thread:
http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=70374

Then I posted a thread about opinions on what I should do with it:
http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=71095

So there is where I am currently am in the project. I think it looks so good right now I'm probably going to skip the flames I showed in the above thread. I'm going to find some other way of getting illumination so I can be seen.

I took these pictures at about midnight, so they're a little blurry do to lack of light.. But without further adoooo...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh BTW current mods are just the side marker lights, a gutted and painted stock muffler, an integrated smoked tail, double bubble, removed rear pegs, relocated license plate. Next up is definitely a seat cowl.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH and Gixxer mirrors

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by enoemos
how did u gut your muffler
I used a hand grinder to rip it open along the seems on the top of the muffler, opened it up, and then just started ripping the metal out with any method I could figure. I ground some off and others I just rocked the metal back and forth until it fatigued and ripped off. I then took it to a muffler shop and had them weld back together for $25.

Whole muffler cost $50.

·
Registered
261 Posts
you need some red badging and it will be sick, well it's sick now but it will finish it up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You put gixxer mirrors on?

I wrecked my RC51, got it back on the road and went with out mirrors for 2 years. Never got a ticket for it. Looks a lot better too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.