Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not an air shift kit, I was reading something about shift kits and how the make the shifting alot smoother. That is about all I know

·
Registered
298 Posts
A couple companies do make shift kits. I can't remember what the companies names are, but they basically look like a 6 sided star. The grooves in the star are a bit deaper than the grooves on the stock one. This means that when you shift it will make it firmer and you won't miss shifts near as much as you use to. I think they retail for a couple hundred bucks max. I don't know if you could call this an actual shift kit, it pretty much only prevents missed shifts, not necessarily makes it any smoother.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
35 Posts
A kit that has a different shift detent? Or shift linkage? Or shift mechanism? I haven't heard of this kit, but of course there are alot of things that I haven't heard of either, but I did look at the website Rob Lee posted and saw they had one for a 12R but their link is not working. The only thing I have ever seen is getting your gears undercut so they "mesh" better when banging through the gears. But if you find out more info on what you are looking for, please share :D

Kelsey

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Shift kits are a great idea for a car because the way the tranny is set up. but for a bike??? I dont think that its money well spend for a bike. I never even heard of one for a bike though. And shift kits help in races to shift into the next gear about 1/20th of a second faster. But often times make shifting a firmer feel, NOT a smoother feeling. If you want smoother shifts run synthetic oil.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is what I found out about the Factory shift kit. Here is the link to the web site http://www.factorypro.com/products/shift.html

Pro Transmission Detent Arm Kit
Includes Factory Pro Microbearing Detent Arm, heavy duty detent spring and gasket. Makes shifting more positive at the expense of slightly stiffer shift lever action. The stronger detent spring rotates the shift drum faster, so the gears are more likely to engage under quick shift conditions. The Microbearing removes friction for the quickest shifting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.