Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who does and who doesnt?? i heard itll ben the shifting forks somewhere on the forum a while back. and which do you find easier? thanks for the input

·
Registered
316 Posts
I haven't. I usually just try to get it up in the gear that I want to stay in. I seem to remember something about bending or causing damage during shifting in a wheelie, but I will have to research it. I can't remember what it said, but there are plenty of folks that I ride with that shift in wheelies, and they haven't damaged theirs yet? [?]

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
768 Posts
You'll bend your shift forks if you don't close the throttle while shifting clutchless, but honestly who uses the clutch anyways?

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am trying to shift into third while doing a sit down. I have found it to be pretty hard. Practic, pratice, pratice. I guess.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Shifting in wheelies is a little tricky and does take some time to learn. Shifting 2nd to 3rd isnt to bad but 3rd to 4th is pretty hard. I just bring the bike up just a little pass the balance point and let off the gas and shift or I will shift while still getting up to speed.

2002 954RR
2001 ZX6R (stunt bike)

http://home.sc.rr.com/minytrker/bike.htm

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you guys r better than me. i just cant try shifting. on my first bike thats exactly how i looped it: from 1st to 2nd. put the fear in me

·
Registered
572 Posts
I do the same as minytrker.... no clutch. I have been doing wheelies for a while the same way and never bent I shift fork on any of my bikes (89 FZ600 - 90CBR600 - 89EX500- 91F2 - 95 ZX6R - 97GSXR750 - VMAX(exclud and though it could do them under full power with teh VBOOST - 99ZX6R)...

·
Registered
768 Posts
yratellim, I had a 90 CBR and now I own a 95 ZX6R. We must be brothers!

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im finally shifting. since i put the fairings back on i cant do 3rd gears any more so i thought why not shift. i can shift all the way through 3rd but have no luck finding balance point. sitting is just too awkward for me, im so used to stand ups. looks cool though, some serious acceleration cuz theyre a little lower.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.