Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my new blue 2003 6r two weeks ago. I have never owned a bike before. After taking the new riders course at the local community college I started riding. It is amazing how easy this bike is to ride!

One problem I have is shifting with my Icon boots. In my running shoes I can shift very smoothly. In the boots I don't seem to have enough up travel to get a positive shift.

The only thing I can think is that the front of the heel of the boot is hooked on the peg and the distance from the peg to the toe of the boot isn't quite as long as my runners which don't have a pronounced heel.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
break them in. probaly going to have to get used to them being stiff.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yea I used to ride in sneakers but after riding with a bunch of people they told me always wear boots. If I were to go down doing 60 mph on the highway my sneakers could be torn to shreads. Now every time I ride I wear my sidi boots. I had to get used to them but after a few days they became really comfortable while riding. They were a little expensive but they are well worth it. I have no problem with people wearing sneakers while riding...I just wont do it. Just my .02

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
No problems here. What size are you wearing? Because unless you have really small feet or you're riding a cruiser, your feet should be so far up on the peg that the heel isn't anywhere near it. Ride on the balls, shift with your toes not the heel and middle foot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Icon boots are size 9 and are very comfortable, although a little stiff. Sounds like my problem is having the heel too far forward. I'll keep trying until I get it right because I don't feel safe in runners. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.