Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 6R and sometimes it shifts pretty hard like it can't catch between 1st and second gear. Usually the harder i run through 1st gear the harder it shifts into second. Is anybody else's like this? Could it be that my clutch cable needs to be adjusted, I only have about 3300 miles on the bike. All other gears shift great, and 1st to second does too sometimes. My warranty ends at the end of this month so if anybody can help me out that would be great. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Is it like grinding gears? I had trouble at first, I assume partially was the newbie in me, other was just getting the bike broke in. I had the dealer mechanic take a look at it and said the bike was perfectly fine. Advice, let a seasoned rider take it for a spin. I'm sure its either of what I just said. To this day 15K miles not any problems.

·
Registered
327 Posts
That is exactly what I get on my '02, but I get it in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears, but not all the time. Generally when it is hot, it seems to shift harder. Have had it jump out of gear a couple of times, but I'm sure that was me not putting it into gear properly.

Red 2002 ZX-6R 636

·
Registered
35 Posts
Being new to bikes I let my chain get REALLY lose (1st 600 miles). I had to adjust it in a gas station parking lot. Shifting was much smoother in all gears afterwards.

The 1-2 shift problem might be a newbie thing, because I have never had that problem when I wear my boots, (but I have with my runners). So shift lever adjustment and foot wear COULD be your problem.

"Arguing over the internet is like competing in the special olympics;
you may win, but you're still retarded." ~Marine 1/26/03~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.