Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed lately on my 04 ZX6R that sometimes when I shift from 1st to 2nd it goes into neutral and when I shift again to get it into 2nd it sounds rough as hell when it goes into gear......any reason for it going into neutral?

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
This is a pretty well documented "problem" and there are tons of threads on it.

Basically, there's really nothing wrong. Some people have "fixed" this problem by using fully synthetic oil or using GP style gear shifting.

Other than that, my only advice to you is to make sure you use enuf force while going from 1st to 2nd. Everyone on here has complained about it going into N, so it shouldn't be a technical issue. It's happened to me tons of times.

If you want more info, just use the search button. There are like 100 threads dedicated to this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Have you checked with your dealer to see if Kawasaki has a fix for this issue? I know with the 04 ZX10's they had a shifting problem and they fixed it for 05. My husband just bought the few pieces he needs to upgrade his and then he shouldn't have trouble with shifting. His problem though was mainly at the track when he was trying to shift through the gears quickly (and yes, he was using the clutch).

·
Registered
277 Posts
What the hell is he using the clutch for......hard upshift just preload the shifter.....roll out of it a few mm's and bang the throttle again....presto change ...new gear......and as far as it missing second bud.....dont try just slammin it into gear....try matching revs and it will go in smooth.....i pray to god that someof you never try a non synchro trans in anything.....[^]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.