Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm curious to something is wrong or if its the norm.

ok my 1-2 shift feels like i'm having to shift a extremely long ways, almost clunky feeling. just doesn't feel and nice as my 2-3,3-4,etc shifts. is this because of the fact it has to go past nuetral? is this normal and how can i fix it cause it annoys the hell out of me. thanks for any responces. the bike is a 02

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
As you mentioned, the throw from first to second gear seems longer because you shift past neutral. It may help to load the shifter a moment before shifting and to then slightly roll off the throttle to unload the transmission.

You can also adjust the shift pedal position downward. To adjust the pedal position, loosen the front and rear rod locknuts, turn the rod to make the adjustment, and then tighten the locknuts securely.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i have the shift rod ajusted to where it is comfortable for me. for the 3-6 gear shifts its fine.

i was just curious to if it was a zx6r thing or if something was wrong.

thanks!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
most bikes are like this....

1st to 2nd feels clunky, nothing to worry about....just watch the speed shifting ;) can be hell on the bike....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guess its time for the CFM short throw lever :) i e-mailed them and they said as long as i'm running standard shift pattern, it will fit the stock rearset. woohoo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.