Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can wheelie in first and second gear, but my goal is to wheelie the bike in 2nd, then shift to third and shift to fourth. Does anyone have tips/tricks to pass on that might help me achieve my goal?:)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
First to second is easier because you have enough power to keep it up even though your not at the BP. Get that front up to where you almost feeel as if your gonna loop it. If your in that area then the other shifts will be no problem. A BP test is to pull the clutch all the way in while in a wheelie. If you come right to the ground you're not there. If you coast a litte with the tire in the air, then you're there or pretty damn close. Do this at your own risk!!!!!!! Yes you can loop it. I did!!!

"That Hansel. He's so hot right now" Quote from Zoolander. sorry had to do it
:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"That Hansel. He's so hot right know" Quote from Zoolander. sorry had to do it
:D:D:D:D:D[/quote]

Thanks for the quote [:I], Zoolander is a great movie (more of a guy movie though, the wife doesn't appreciate it when I watch it.)

BP, what is that, the Break Point? To achieve that height on a wheelie, I would also have to become an expert with the rear brake to prevent the occasional loop. Have you mastered the rear brake or do you just rely on releasing the throttle to prevent the big loop?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
BP=balance point. You don't have to be at the balance point but you need to be as close as possible b/c you don't have alot of power if it starts going down.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Have you mastered the rear brake or do you just rely on releasing the throttle to prevent the big loop?
Nope just throttle right now!! Plan on working on it though!

·
Registered
250 Posts
When you reach the BP the bike will feel like your just hanging there, trust me you will know it. In order to shift, bring the bike up in second, and just before your about to run out of revs load the shifter w/ your foot then drop the throttle just enough for it to slip in the gear. Then get back on the throttle. The best thing to do is practice clutchless shifting while both tires are on the ground, that way when you are in a wheelie itll be as smooth as can be. Remember ALWAYS COVER THE BRAKE. And don't try this till you are comfortable w/ one tire in the air.:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately I will have to wait till the spring to try out these techniques. Holy shit its going to be a long winter.
:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.