Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday afternoon I shimmed the needles on my 02 ZX-6R w/Devil SB2 Carbon fiber exhaust. It worked!!!At about 5k rpm the bike felt roughe and this little mod fixed it. Throttle response was improved and the power is very linear. Almost feels like a fuel injected bike.

Thanks Scaramanga, for the tips on the little o-rings, I almost lost one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
might want to drill your slides too, its pretty easy and should give it better throttle response, it did on mine!

·
Registered
165 Posts
CSOTO23 - Please give a little more details on the o-rings. Exactly how many are there, and how did you avoid losing them?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by STRIKER

CSOTO23 - Please give a little more details on the o-rings. Exactly how many are there, and how did you avoid losing them?
Did you look at my how-to-shim page? I think there is a link on the main zx6r page but anywat it is in my sig so you can click there.

The o-rings are very tiny and there is one per cover, they almost alwats fall down when the cover is removed. They are dirt cheap so I suggest people consider buying a couple just in case they lose one or 2.

And Chris, yea, it really does seem to eliminate the stumble completely:D ...as you discovered. Was this not the best $2 mod you made yet?[8D]

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lag was when I installed a slip on.
The o-rings are next to the bottom screw. Only 1 fell down but I was very carefull to remove the cover very slowly.

I love cheap mods! The next one is the garage door opener.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.