Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Two Bros slip on, and next on my agenda is shimming the needles. On the instructional thread for "Shimming Needles", it was instructed to use 1/8 washers with 0.025" thickness. Now for some reason, I encountered difficulties finding that exact washer. The best I have right now is a 1/8 washer that is 0.05" thick. Because the thread called to use two 0.025" washers for each needles, would using just one 0.05" washer be the same thing?

So instead of shimming each needles with two 0.025" washers, I'll instead shim the needle with one 0.05" washer. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I just installed my Two Bros slip on, and next on my agenda is shimming the needles. On the instructional thread for "Shimming Needles", it was instructed to use 1/8 washers with 0.025" thickness. Now for some reason, I encountered difficulties finding that exact washer. The best I have right now is a 1/8 washer that is 0.05" thick. Because the thread called to use two 0.025" washers for each needles, would using just one 0.05" washer be the same thing?

So instead of shimming each needles with two 0.025" washers, I'll instead shim the needle with one 0.05" washer. Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!
sure, that thickness would work... what's the over all diameter of the washer, though? I've heard of people having problems when the washer diameters have been too big.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts