Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently located in the USA. I am looking to ship a bike to Colombia. Does anyone know of any shippers who handle international shipments of motorcycles? Let me know. Thanks.

-Keldrick

·
Registered
749 Posts
You can pretty much google for international movers and just start out by requesting shipping quotes. This way you can find out, depending on your bike's current value, if it is worth taking the bike along in the first place. (I had the same idea, and bought and later re-sold a bike overseas, because shipping costs were out of this world for my Ninja...)
All international movers have hubs at large cities, you have to find out which one is the closest to your home. That'll save costs, too.
Get rates for air transport too, single container, preferably NOT have your bike shipped in a large container with other customers crap. If their paperwork is bad, customs will not release just your bike, and it can get stuck for months.
Another costly thing to look out for is getting the bike ready for transport. This means getting all the fluids out, setting up the cargo crate, and then having the bike serviced at the destination. You might not be able to roll the bike out of the crate by yourself until local insurance and registration issues are taken care of. It will most likely not run there with US plates. And then COLOMBIA??? You sure that you'll still have a bike the second day you get there....? You need one hell of a bike alarm to go with it...
Anyway, good luck on your quest....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts