Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swap options for the 02 zx6r. I went threw the sticky for a while and noticed some shocks are swapable.

What have you guys done that works ? For track. I can't find used shocks for our bikes anymore and I still wanna track this weapon.

Anyone know if a 02 - 05 zx12 ohlins work?
Or what's the best option?

Thanks

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
Swap options for the 02 zx6r. I went threw the sticky for a while and noticed some shocks are swapable.

What have you guys done that works ? For track. I can't find used shocks for our bikes anymore and I still wanna track this weapon.

Anyone know if a 02 - 05 zx12 ohlins work?
Or what's the best option?

Thanks
First of all, what bike do have year model ect. Second, I have a '01 ZX6R shock that will fit 95-02 ZX6R and 05-08 ZZR600 $45.00 + shipping

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
The zx12 shock swaps with a zx7r, though still a KYB shock. And the 98-02 zx6r shock swaps with a zx7r...so should fit right in. The zx7 and 12 shock is a larger diameter body (44 I think versus 40mm), but overall length is right. Spring might be a little stiff....get a spring for your weight based on a zx6r...not the 12.

ZX10 shock would also fit I bet.

I've used the 05-06 zx6r/636 shocks....the topic is covered at length in other threads.

The 13.25 length of the zx6r shock is very typical....gsxr's, other zx's etc...so I am sure many would work. But I would stick to a kawi appication as the motion ratios will be close if not the same (for example an 07 zx10 has the same linkage as a 02 zx6r).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey,

Looking for a new shock for my 98 G1. Was thinking about swapping to an 03/04 rear end as I am in the process of swapping the front to 03/04.

I got talking to a the people at PDQ (tuning Co) here in the UK when they serviced the forks for me and they said the 03/04 shock is pretty crappy for track use as its way under damped. I am personally gonna look for a second hand aftermarket.

PDQ did say the do a NITRON shock for them for about £500. Bit steep for me though.

Laters

Lyndon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts