Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing because of the cat the bike won't be able to emit that oh so sexy blue burst under deccel, but if removed will my bike shoot flames? My buddy has an 05 r6 with a yosh slip-on and i see blue bursts all the time. I know it's squid-ish, but I don't care. I have an akra slip-on and still don't get anything. Input?[?]

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
do you want the pop or do you want FLAMES? the pop are just because his bike fuel mixture is off, the arko you put on is within it range and does not pop, if you want to shoot flames then you need Richen the Fawk out of the bike, remove the cat, and then our a spark plug at the tip, connect that to a disbutor and a button that will ignite the plug. Yep, did it before on a car, fun as shit!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not looking for that flame thrower effect [:p] ha ha ha. What I am talking about is just a subtle blue burst. I am guessing it just a little unburnt fuel under deccel.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
efi shouldnt do that. well under decel ..maybe. but not by the kill switch. a carb'd bike will do it all day..by flipping the kill switch..rolling the throttle and flipping it back on...POW..big ass flame...and fucking loud!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I'm not explaining this right. I've seen other bikes do it under normal riding... no kill switch tricks or anything. It just happens when you roll off the throttle real quick and in between shifts. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I've seen cars do it at the track too

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
yep..ive seen it... and i know what ur talking about. alot of it depends on ur pipe..and the map..if its been changed. thats also a good way to blow the packing out too. making the pipe very loud.
but i agree..it looks cool at night

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
headers, no cat, as little bends in the pipe as possible, then you will have to either richen the bike up a little or just turn up the throttle a little. then rev the fuck out of the bike and whalla, blue flames.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.