Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was cool and gloomy today and I got bored...so what the hell...I pull the Muzzy can off my bike and headed to the shop with it...I was not real happy with the overall lenght of it, and my taillight was showing signs of getting too warm...so it was time for the can to meet up with the chopsaw...

I'll post some daytime pics of it tomorrow...and my CA taillight should be here monday, so I can ditch the rear blinkers and the ugly black plastic...

GunRunner

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
looks sweet, thats the way it should look from muzzy's. i cut down my akro can and it sounds great.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't ridden it yet, was too late by the time I got it all back together...and I wouldn't recomend this to someone who is short tempered...the endcaps are a PITA to get back on...the oval body tries to take on a round shape without the ends on...

GunRunner

·
Registered
763 Posts
ill need better pics to tell... especially w/o the black plastics around it.

but... one of the reasons i bought the muzzy slip on cause i loved the length of it compared to so many others. it was shorter than the tail and didnt stick out past it, but wasnt to short.

def post better pics tho!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Originally posted by tdahle
How is that supposed to help heat on the taillight? Now it's exiting right onto it isn't it?
My thoughts exactly. But maybe it was getting hot from the radiant heat from the can, and this way it probably won't get as hot. I don't know... But I love the way it looks! Let us know if it starts melting anything.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by tdahle
How is that supposed to help heat on the taillight? Now it's exiting right onto it isn't it?
x3.

but then again, maybe it's like the other guy said... maybe it's ambient heat. I don't know. It'd be cool to get the canister ceramic coated.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The way the cans are put together, the majority of the heat is built up in the entrance of the can...this is due to a steel plate cap and asbestos covered mesh trap that forces the exhaust through the baffle tube...you can see where the outside of the can at the rear has tried to turn yellow from the heat. This should keep some of the radiant heat from the taillight, and the exhaust itself flows straight out, not up...

Pics coming soon...the sun isn't up good yet...

GunRunner

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your not the only one bro...should have my CA tail in 3 more days...damn UPS can't run fast enough around here...not to mention they play football with your packages...lol

GunRunner

·
Registered
763 Posts
well when you get the tail light and rid of the stock plastic pieces, take some shots directly from the side

btw.. i havent had any problems with my muzzy getting my tail light hott ...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure thing bro...took it out about an hour ago for the first time...geez...feels like I've gained a few ponies...its alot easier for me to pull the front wheel now...

GunRunner

·
Registered
277 Posts
I tell ya what man....from the looks of that exhaust .....I think im going to make one outta a coffee can.....It just blows me away the price these companies get for a tube, some offset pipe and a couple end caps....i think it looks alot better shortened up though man

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think so too...this was just a teaser until I get time to finish my GP underbelly exhaust...

GunRunner

·
Registered
277 Posts
Oh and your toys are freakin awesome man.....been meaning to tell you that for some time....wish I woulda had nice toys like that when i was in the corps.....and sure would have taken our ninjas over those bunk KLR250's we had for recon :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He who has the most toys still dies, he just has more fun before doing so...lol

Note: My CA Green taillight is installed now, and the factory black plastic is not on the bike anymore. My ex has the camera, but I'll try to post pics of it ASAP, all I have right now is my shitty camera phone...

GunRunner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.