Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sportbikes rock!
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just picked up a used 2007 Ninja 250 and I happened to notice that there were no rear running lights. Do these babies have rear running lights?

I removed the three red lens covers. There were not even bulb sockets in the outer two covers - should there be bulb sockets in the two outer lenses?

Under the middle red lens cover, the bulb looked like both elements were okay, but only one element illuminates when the brake is applied. Should the other element be the running light?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I believe the two outer covers on the pre gen 250's are used as turn signals in the European model, but are not used in the US model which have separate stalk type turn signals;so that is OK.

However, there should be running lights so both filaments need to be working. It should be a standard automotive 1157 dual filament bulb. Replace it and if that doesn't solve the problem, you probably have a loose connection or short somewhere.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
The outer ones, I believe, are just reflectors. The bulb should be on with the lights, using the thinner 5W filament while the thicker 21W filament is the brake light.

You may have some corrosion in the socket, a faulty bulb or a wiring problem. Can't remember if there's a tail light fuse.

Rob

·
Sportbikes rock!
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ichiro and williamr for the replies. I will start by just replacing the 1157 bulb even though both elements looked to be in tact. If that does not do it, I will work on the wiring end of things.

·
Sportbikes rock!
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem solved. Even thought the running light element looked okay, it was not functioning properly. A new bulb fixed the proplem and she now has running lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts