Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to the KawiForum, and I'm a Gixxer rider.. I apologize for that.. BUT I might be able to make up for it if you guys would be kind enough to give me some advice on what I should do.. I'm copy/pasting this from the post I made on gixxer.com .. Any info is much appreciated.. thanks

My buddy lives in a nice Townhome ''subdivision'' thing and he has some cool neighbors.. I met one of them a while ago of course because he heard me ride by his place so many times he had to come over and check out my bike.. Turns out he big into bikes himself and actually has a personal bike shop set up in his garage...(His and his wife's car sit outside.. bikes and tools inside) Anyways he built a SV-1000 from the ground up by just buying the parts used as he went.. I'm gettin sort of off topic but my point is to illustrate how this person is a credible motorcycle enthusiast.. Now for the good part..

He's apparently got some connections in race paddocks.. Roger Lee Hayden's to be specific.. I ran into him at Road Atlanta a couple weeks ago at the AMA Superbike Race and he had a serious VIP pit pass.. So the other day I'm at my buddy's place again and I hear this loud ass sport bike zippin around his street which is pretty much a circle.. I run outside and the guy I was telling you about is riding this... (pics below).. says it was Roger Lee's Backup bike and that he got it for free since the big teams don't carry gear or machines over to the next year's season.. I jokingly asked how much he wanted for it and he said he'd take $6,500 cash... I didn't believe him at first but today I couldn't take it any more and I knocked on his door and told him I had to come by and make sure he wasn't just messing with me.. He said it's legit.. I want all your opinions, especially those who know what some of the included track components are worth.. It's a 2007 Kawi 636 with...

2700 miles..Never been registered.. All track miles
Ohlins front forks and rear shock
Brembo Brakes
Full carbon fiber race bodyword (OPP Racing)
GPS - track timer
All recieps and records

The tail section has a slight crack which he assured me he'd have fixed before I took ownership.. shown in one of the pics.. He's also throwing in ALL the unused stock bodywork, suspension components, and stock brakes as well as vortex rear sets again UNUSED.. All shit he got from raiding the Kawisaki's paddock..

What do you guys think?? Could I easily sell this bike and how much is it really worth?? Would it be smart to remove the Ohlins and Brembo parts and sell them separately? Where would the best place be to advertise this bike if I decide to buy it and turn it for a quick buck?

·
Registered
204 Posts
dang thats one smokin bike... can it be turned over to street?.. or is it strickly a track bike?... does it have a title?... but guys correct me if im wrong... it cant be a 2007 636... though the last year the 636 was done was in 2006...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dang thats one smokin bike... can it be turned over to street?.. or is it strickly a track bike?... does it have a title?... but guys correct me if im wrong... it cant be a 2007 636... though the last year the 636 was done was in 2006...
I don't know shit about when Kawi has it's model changes.. that's My bad.. it could be an 06.. All stock parts are included in the price.. Stock plastics, brakes, suspension components, headlight, exhaust, etc.. bike has a title but never been registered.. never had a tag..

·
Registered
164 Posts
thats correct 2006 was the last year they made the 636s

·
Registered
204 Posts
its def... got some nice parts on it... a real head turner..... I would say as long as the motor and trans is in good shape, its a good price.. I mean you figure... ok you could brobably get a stock 636 06 model for less money.. but by the time you do all that to it.. its gonna be way more expensive.. I say go for it..

·
Registered
36 Posts
What do you guys think?? Could I easily sell this bike and how much is it really worth?? Would it be smart to remove the Ohlins and Brembo parts and sell them separately? Where would the best place be to advertise this bike if I decide to buy it and turn it for a quick buck?
You wanna buy it just to flip it? I think theres easier ways to make money.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is they Hayden your talking about the father of the Hayden kid who won the GP series a couple years ago? If so, I thought he raced for Honda. But I may be completely wrong.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
If you are buying it to keep and do track days or even get into racing yourself, then I would seriously consider it. But, if you just want to buy it to "flip" as was mentioned or make money selling the parts...........don't bother, you won't make much (if any) extra cash, and the hassle is not really worth it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah its not an 07, you can tell buy the speedo/tach and the tank desighn looks different.Awsome looking bike though

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you are buying it to keep and do track days or even get into racing yourself, then I would seriously consider it. But, if you just want to buy it to "flip" as was mentioned or make money selling the parts...........don't bother, you won't make much (if any) extra cash, and the hassle is not really worth it.

i agree^, definitly not worth it, sick bike though

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I'd take it to keep honestly. That's bad-ass. I'd hate to buy it just to part it out or flip it. But then if you get all the stock parts with it you could always sell all the race kit and put all the stock stuff back on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i agree^, definitly not worth it, sick bike though

I appreciate the feedback guys.. I was assuming way too much.. My plans were to get a lil bank roll together so that I could turn my current bike ('06 750) into a track bike and buy an '09 1k when they come out. I have 21k miles on my bike now and it was purchased brand new.. still runs like the day I bought it aside from all the aftermarket upgrades.. You guys have me a lil worried that I won't even be able to make my money back if I wanted to sell this thing.. But I needed to be humbled :violent:.. Here are some pics of my bike.. let me know what you Kawi guys think

·
Registered
295 Posts

:plusone:

BTW, beautiful Gixxer!

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
good lookin gixx & it would def have to be an 06 or below to look like that, i didn't read too much up but if it doesn't have a title 6500 is too much in my opinion

·
Registered
487 Posts
i wouldn't buy it if you were planning to flip it. nice looking bike esp for an 06. just track that thing

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you want a track bike you could just buy that thing and keep it. Sell or trade the gix for the new 1k when it comes out and then you have an amazing track bike with a good street bike as well. And correct me if I'm wrong but weren't the 636 bike not legal in race series. possibility of it being a 6rr maybe? Either way. Still bad ass

1 - 20 of 25 Posts