Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 red 650R with fairing scratches on the left side and a scrape in the plastic under the seat. Other than that the bike is mint. I bought the bike from a bike shop, but I can assume the previous owner dropped it because frame sliders were installed. I got a quote to have it fixed for $300, and I have to buy the Ninja 650R sticker. But the thing is the shop where I bought the bike warned me not to have it repaired because they'll never match 7 year old paint. I also want it repaired because if or when I fix it I want to advertise it as in "excellent condition", but at the same time I don't know what to say to a future buyer when he asks, "Has the bike been down?"

·
Registered
77 Posts
You should be able to but a replacement fairing for under $300. But the question you have to ask yourself is, "Will buying the fairng actually increase the sale price on this older/low priced bike to be worth spending the cash?".

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I call nonsense on not being able to match the paint. Any good repair shop can match any paint. Or you can order the original paint colors from ColorRite Motorcycle Paint

Here is the list for your bike:

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
I was in a wreck about a month ago (me being stupid), and ended up replacing the right upper fairing with a new Kawasaki one. I can't tell a difference in the paint color between the new panel and the old ones.

That being said, I didn't do it to increase resale value. I did it as a quick and easy way to have a place to mount my right front turn signal. I doubt if the increase in resale value from replacing the fairing is equal to what I spent on parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts