Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory one year warranty is up on July 19th and I'm trying to decide if I should purchase the extended warranty. My bike only has a little over 3000 miles on it but so far I haven't seen any indicators of potential big issues down the road. I've read a bunch of horror stories on here about Kawi not covering things under warranty but most of what I'm reading is, "I know somebody who..." or something along those lines. Not so many first hand experiences. I just bought the service manual and can do all the simple stuff myself. For the most part, I think the warranty is a waste of money but I've got that WHAT IF in the back of my mind. How many people who have bought it have actually had to use it? How many wish they had? How many bought it and never had a problem? Thanks all. Just don't like the idea of flushing $400 if I don't have to.

·
Registered
762 Posts
i bought the warranty when i bought the bike, only 600 miles on it in 2 weeks now.
but, i bought a 65k mile warranty for my civic, and wouldent you know the motor blew at 58k.....

·
Registered
634 Posts
Its hard to say. I didn't purchase one and I don't have any engine or transmission problems to date. Most people who take theirs in for warranty work have transmission problems. Those are hard to prove cause all they have to say is it is full synthetic oil or you abuse the transmission. it sucks. Hopefully my transmission holds up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Its reallya personal decision. The ext warrenty plans are goos and as long as you have a decent dealer. I bought mine just to have a peice of mind and to cover mostly the tranny and engine

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was going to get the Kawi warranty but it only covers factory defects. So I went with a different company that covers everything.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by GF7PE
I was going to get the Kawi warranty but it only covers factory defects. So I went with a different company that covers everything.
Who did you go with, how much and how long does it cover you for?

·
Registered
75 Posts
everyone has their own prefences on buying the ext. warr.I did,I also got the tire & rim warr. which I have used the shit out of!:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by calen636

Who did you go with, how much and how long does it cover you for?
western service contract corp. Bike came with 1 year factory and then this one kicks in. Got them to throw it in with the bike. Had a choice of a 4 year kawi which was just defects or the 2 year concept plan which covers almost everything. I think it retails for $500

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yes...

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i got the engine service contract to cover 5 years for $500 and the dealer said that if I never used it I would get a credit for $500 towards a new bike OR towards accessories

·
Registered
182 Posts
Only if you finance the bike! You dont want to be stuck paying for something that doesnt work.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I did and it paid off. I figured I'm going to beat the hell out of it, and I want it warrantied.

·
Registered
887 Posts
If you plan on changing anything on the bike, no you shouldn't buy the warranty

·
Registered
99 Posts
i got the 3 year extended warranty. its pretty cool. i think the one i'll be using the most is the tire warranty. they replace whatever tire was on the bike, whatever price it was, they'll replace it. pretty damn cool. not goin to scam but shit happens and i wanna be at full advantage when it does.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.