Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a '05 Ducati 620 Monster and am looking to get a '06 ZX-6R. My plan was to sell my duc and then buy a new zx6r. My duc has about 1300 miles on it and is in mint condition, i could prolly get around $6k for it if i sell it privately. Unfortunately i had a bit of a spill at the track last week (not too bad, around $500 worth of damage) so i took it into the dealer i bought it from to get a quote and low and behold they just got a black '06 zx6r that was traded in, the exact bike & color i want. I saw the the bike and it is in mint condition and only has around 1500 miles on it.

My question then is do you guys think it would be better to trade in my duc for the 636 they have or get mine fixed up, sell it privately and then buy a new 636 from another dealer(was quoted $7999 in NYC)??

Havent done the trade in thing before but i suspect i wont get as much from them as i could privately. Although not having to deal with finding a buyer for my bike, shipping and freight charges for a new bike and simply trading in my bike for a just broken zx6r sounds verrry appealing. What do you guys think? What are the pro's/con's of going each way?

thx

·
Registered
393 Posts
You will never get what the bike is worth by trading in to a dealer. Trust me...I've tied and it ain't worth it. I would fix it and sell it yourself, then go and buy your baby new. You may wanna wait though...the '07s are coming soon!

·
Registered
306 Posts
you will always get more by selling privately, but with trading you will save money on sales tax and save time with ppl wanting to come ride a duc, and wasting your time, i sale cars (or at least try to, lol) so i deal with this quite a bit, ultimately its up to you to decide which way to go, is the duc paid off?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.