Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every one i know that has or had a 636 said i should buy a cam chain tensioer bc the 636's are know for jumpin and whatnot. where should i buy a tensioner from?
i know haibikeshop has one but where else?

thanks peeps

·
Registered
618 Posts
i dont think you need to buy one. but you will need one when the chain loosens up. i had to have my valves adjusted and cam chain tensioner tightened. and now the bikes still tapping away, great work from the shop, guess thats why the shop went under and the one guy is a total ass hole.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
don't do it cuz your friends say you'll need it, if you feel like it'll benefit you or your bike and it gives you piece of mind then do it. i've had my ninja since it was brand new and i only have to go in and re-tighten the CCT maybe 2x a season. i don't feel like it's worth buying a tensioner for since it only takes all of 10-15 minutes to do.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Hell i have just started to get the tick if you will.
Thats after the last 3500 hard miles mostly on track.
I will be switching to a manual unit from kawasaki, but if you dont have issues with your bike with a stocker why switch?
as for the bike jumping gears that is kinda a far stretch of an excuse to buy one.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I installed the Kawasaki manual tenisioner at 5k miles. I mainly did it for piece of mind as the noise didn't bother me at the time, but now that i have done it i am glad. My bike was ticking pretty good, but now purrs like a kitten.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts