Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is blasphemy so try not to flame me too bad, but I'm thinking of going from a Kawi to a Honda. The 636 is gone and I've found a 06 CBR1000RR for 9200 OTD. It's the last 06 they have and I think it's a pretty good deal...may even be able to get it cheaper since they've already got 07's. Plus it's the best color in my opinion (silver/metallic silver). What do you guys think? Good deal? Honda is really the only other brand I'm interested in besides Kawi.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Nice price. Get used to burning up tires... One of the reasons I got rid of my 1000rr

this was one season of track tires

·
Registered
306 Posts
not a honda fan myself if i got a 1000 it be a gixxer but sounds like a good deal[}:)]

·
Registered
604 Posts
Honda fan here. I'd def go for it, though not a fan of that color scheme (yellow and blue for me). I'm thinking about getting a new bike myself. Perhaps a V-Star or a Triumph Bonneville.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've owned Hondas in the past and all I can say is that they are rock solid bikes with great handling. If I had to buy again, I would definitely consider a Honda - yes they're that good ;)

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
if i was to buy a 1000 bike right now hands down it would be a cbr1000rr...

A kick ass bike that fits my riding style perfectly...seriously would love to have one, but i dont have anytime to ride the 2 i have right now...dont be fooled by the fact it ONLY puts out 155Rwhp..
Be sure to post the pics up

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. Go for it.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went ahead and got pre-approval through my bank...just incase:D. I'll probably head back to the stealership later this week and shoot them an offer and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
If I was in the market for a liter I would def. consider the 1000rr.

Only thing I hate about Honda's are the gauges and the plank for a seat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There are some 06 750 gixxers still in dealerships for great OTD prices. Would give you more, but not too much power, and still have some handling.

I like one of the Avatars I saw here that said:

"Speed kills, Ride a Honda"

but the CBR1000RR would probably fit the bill for fast, don't know about handling that big of a bike in the corners. Depends on what you do most with it. But still, good price.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
traitor! if you had to go to another brand...why HONDA?!?!!?!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well, I used to be somewhat of a tuner and I could never stand the Honda ricers. This carried over into the motorcycle world as well. I've worked on Honda cars, they're built solid, but at times some they make things overly complicated (which makes EVERYTHING a complete bitch to work on). I'm surprised I haven't seen a Honda bike with a huge spoiler on the back by now...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.