Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 636 one of the things that sold me was the fact I was getting a bigger engine for the same price. I had hoped they would have made the 600 and maybe a 650, perhaps there's more cost in doing this ?

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think their move to ditch the 636 kinda sucks but I have a feeling they are going to come out with ZX7R ZX8R in 08-09. As long as the ZX6R 599 makes the same power or more than the 636 its a smart move. Its better for them to focus on one bike vs. produce two bikes that are so similar in class as the ZX6RR/ZX6R lineup. love Kawais new line up for 07. I wish I could pick up a Green or Red 10R

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i dont know. sometimes i wish i had gotten the 599 over my 636, but i still like my bike. but as far as aftermarket parts go. i dont know if it was a good move by kawi. honda, and suzuki have tons of aftermarket parts, but i havent found near the selection for kawi. so i think people liked the 636 because it is just a little bigger. but time will tell.

·
Registered
103 Posts
it's six one, half dozen the other. if they can make a 599cc motor that makes the same, if not more, power than the 636 then the switch was good. I like my 636 though, sets you apart from the other 6s. The litte extra down low is nice putting around town also.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by Swede636
.....if they can make a 599cc motor that makes the same, if not more, power than the 636 then the switch was good. I like my 636 though, sets you apart from the other 6s. The litte extra down low is nice putting around town also.
That's the whole point, they won't be capable of getting the same torque specs with a smaller engine....they'll get the same (or perhaps more) hp ratings but at much higher rpm's thus making it a more difficult bike to ride (i.e. like the R6).

·
Registered
950 Posts
Right! Which is why they should have stayed with a 636. Kawi was really the only "user friendly" 600 class out there. Good for in town, good for running hard, and can beat the GSXR 750 with a good rider and the right mods.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm getting more and more disappointed with sportbikes becoming more and more track-biased (vs street-friendly) year after year. Why don't they just start selling GP bikes outright? I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who wants a sportbike primarily for the aesthetics. I don't race, I commute. Sometimes faster than I should. It seems that there's only one bike left out there in 600-ish cc class that doesn't suck in traffic - Daytona 675. For people with my expectations 600s seem useless anymore - they belong in hands of experienced riders on racetracks. Casual commuters like myself are much better off with a liter bike for their smooth power delivery and ability to actually do something below 6000 rpm. Just my humble opinion though.

·
Powerhungry
37,961 Posts
im curious about how quickly they changed. after only 2 yrs. werent sales good enough to warrant atleast the normal 3 yrs? but i guess theyve been changing every 2 yrs..the last few model changes anyway..
i think that our (05/06) bikes will something of a collector item.
the first with our undertail exhaust. and i for one like the digi tach. why go BACK to a swing needle. thats from what..the 60's and 70's
i like my bike, and will be keeping it for yrs to come.
im almost glad they changed it so much and dropped the 636 line...makes me feel better about what ive got now

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by moloko

It seems that there's only one bike left out there in 600-ish cc class that doesn't suck in traffic - Daytona 675. For people with my expectations 600s seem useless anymore - they belong in hands of experienced riders on racetracks. Casual commuters like myself are much better off with a liter bike for their smooth power delivery and ability to actually do something below 6000 rpm. Just my humble opinion though.
I agree.

I haven't seen many 2006 R6's nor GSX-R600 on the road but the amount of 636's was increasing a lot...I think many riders will consider getting the 675 or 750 since they're a good compromise between power and performance...the liter bikes are still a little too much in my opinion...

Sadly the ZX-6 will become like all other 600's...now the only choice will be one of esthetics....

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I think if Kawi can keep to its word that this 600 will produce as much or more low end and top end then the previous 636 then let em rid the 636 to the grave. The old saying though is that you cant replace displacement so we'll see what happens but overaul I say they should get rid of the 636 if they can technology wise outdue it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
One thing that scares me about the new 600 is the 13.9:1 compersion ratio. How much street use can a ticking timebomb take. I wonder what the precentage of owener auctally race thier bike on the track. I know the zzr is out there but who want 98 technology in 2007. I say the new zzr should be the 05 model 636.

·
Registered
562 Posts
No replacement for displacement... I like my 636 and like the fact that I don't just have a 600. My 636 keeps
up with most 750's.

--Anthony

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ummm, someone please tell me what's the purpose of 800cc? It's so close to 1000 that it doesn't make any sense to me. And why are you all so anxious to see one? Just because it's something different?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.