Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay I need eveyones input asap. tomorrow (9-9) our town is having a "bikes, blues, and Bbq" on the square. I have always wanted to go, just never had a bike or time off. But this year is different I have both. Anyway, it is mostly cruisers, but we are getting a group of sportsbikes to show up this year:D Who knows, maybe do a few wheelies around the square or something.. So what do you think should we go ahead with the plans and bring some real bikes or just let the hogs woller alone?

Anyone in the area should come down.. ie.. FLO JOE Trashmonkey... what do you think

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had to google "Columbia, TN" to find out where it was....forgot it's south of Nashville. I say go man...if anything happens...at least you can out run them.[8D] I was on my way to Jackson, TN Saturday morning...might have rolled with you if the bike was ok.

·
Registered
522 Posts
if you do go down there, and especially with it being more cruisers i have a bit of mature advice (oh god here we go...). instead of "goin down there and maybe doin a few wheelies around the square." why not conduct yourself like everyone else? sportbike riders have the stigma that we show up sometimes in places where we are in the minority and do crazy stuff like stoppies, wheelies, etc. instead of reinforcing this belief, why not show them we can behave just like everyone else at a meet?

"bikes, blues, and bbq" sounds like a nice easy goin hangout for the afternoon, dont ruin that by tearing around on your crotch rocket looking a fool. just my .02

·
Registered
155 Posts
ya go down there, I would. But on the whole wheelie thing. In your avatar you have a really low wheelie, meaning it is all power, uncontrolled, accelerating, way to fast. No offence but if you cant ride a good bp wheelie then dont, and dont anyways at an event like that.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys you have to understand first of all the whole wheelie thing was a joke, I wouldn't go down there and do wheelies just to piss them off.... I guess I forgot to mention I was being sarcastic about that[8D]

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I think you should go and pretty much try and set a good standard ofr the sportbike riders...

Anytime i have a chance to go to one i bring the zx or Rc and try to dispell all the BS that the media and squids put out to the unknowing public...

Bike is a torture rack
will get killed as to much power
and all they are good for is speeding

there is so much more to sportbikes then just the thriall and rush when you do get to use the power "perferably on the track" but we are all human, and there is a time and place for eveyrthing.

Have fun and post some pics up

·
Registered
88 Posts
[:M86] I say hell ya go. But like the others said be responsible. Don't let cruisers intimidate, its just a different type of rider. You would be surprised how many can't ride.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll get some pics up and maybe videos too. I know what everyone means by the stigma sportsbikes have. I am actually quite respectful to others, including cruisers, I just had to throw a little sarcasm in.
I have heard that most of the time it's just a big drunken free for all, so maybe I will have to put the pics and videos in a pay per view section;). Yeah I think I will break it up into 2 categories... sportbike chicks and harley hunnies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.