Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to upgrade my headlights, with either a 4500k or 6000k. What kits are you guys using? And where did you get them from? Please post pictures!

·
Registered
331 Posts
i suggest you get 4300K which is stock on all factory cars. it gives the best lm which is 3200lm. the higher or lower you go from 4300K the less light your going to get. i got mine at https://www.kbcarstuff.com/ i think there bbb certified dont know but they didnt ripp me off, there pretty well known. (source where i found the company: http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/hid-motorcycle-driving-light/)

do some serious research before purcahsing, please dont buy ebay kits. i mean you can and they will work fine but its better to buy the best and not waste oyur time replacing and paying shipping. the bulbs might be cheap, but the shipping going to kill you at the end if your finding yourself buying them over and over. i've had mine since may and i am at 2290miles now. and i installed them at 15miles. i had no problems easy plug and play, no cutting but had to buy some extra wires(radioshack spindle gauge 16) and no problem with vibration. it brights up the street 180 degrees(ok maybe like 170)

dont worry about digital ballast, just get the normal fat ones, i heard the digital have issues still.

if you have any questions PM me cause i wont check this thread again.

sorry i dont have any pictures.

oh and that company have kits specificly for motorcycles(enough wire) but i found myself having to make my own when it came to getting it near the battery.

if you get anything other then 4300K then its not japanese made or german made
Phillips is the best brand and they sell them in the kits which is generally 200

authentic is better ;]

less head achs

Best 200 i've spent on the bike

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
4300 K slim ballast kit off ebay, installed march 09. litle over $100 for the kit, including shipping from china! :D No problems to date. this is a regular car kit. comes with 2 h7 bulbs so I have both my hi and low lights converted. no wires to run back to the battery... just plug into the socket that was plugged into the back of your bulbs and everything works like new.

I have converted 4 cars with ebay kits and have never had a problem with any of the kits. That's been my experience.

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey kkim.. would you mind going to your history to locate that seller? i'd love to get the same kit since you had such a smooth process.. thanks!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Xenon-HID-Conversion-Kit-Slim-Ballast-H10-H11-9005-9007_W0QQitemZ110295077691QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110295077691&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C65%3A1%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

be sure to specify bulb type (H7) and color temp when ordering. (the linked auction is not for h7 bulbs. ask the seller to be sure of what you are ordering)

You can also seek out vendors of this site that sell HID kits. :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
yes i know kim not to bash on your experience but have to have both sides right? but yeah just have to find the right kind of people, i actually dont remember if i do have wires going to the battery. i did them awhile back.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I was just sharing my experience as you were, too. no bashing taken. :)

as a caution, anyone's experience may not be as good as I've had, so your advice may well be the better of us two.

If anyone feels a need for a warranty, I'd suggest buying from a site vendor. If mine ever fails, I will just go back to stock. So far, so good.... and with that, watch my lights not work tonight! :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found one of those slim-kits from a local dealer for $100. Have not installed yet I'm trying to figure out the best location to mount the ballasts. Where did you guys mount your ballasts?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I found one of those slim-kits from a local dealer for $100. Have not installed yet I'm trying to figure out the best location to mount the ballasts. Where did you guys mount your ballasts?
I tie wrapped it to the brackets. Once you get in there, you'll figure it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts