Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a suggestion or a question for everyone. Have you ever told someone you have a ninja and they just kinda shrug then tell you about some friend with an R6 or a big Gixer? I'm sure eveyone has. Fact is I don't see many ZX6R's out there.. I live in CT and although I have seen 1 that was the same year as mine I really haven't seen much else.

Here's my proposal, why don't we plan a trip or two this year and ride a bunch or our XZ6r's around together. I was thinking bike week in Myrtle Beach, Daytona and Laconia. I already have plans with some friends to trailer our bikes to Daytona and Myrtle Beach

you can e-mail me at the following

[email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
That sounds good to me. I live in Westchester county(just outside New York City) and I have seen a bunch of ninja's here. And as for taking a trip somewhere I am down. The further south we go the better. I'm getting a little tired of the cold weather here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hells yeah...count my sorry ass in! I'm like 3 mins from the CT border in Palmer, MA. Where in CT are you psyclone?

If it ain't broke don't fix it.......yeah right!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"trailer our bikes to Daytona and Myrtle Beach"

trailer? you need to ride them ;)

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I would love to ride them but after too many hours... I would beed a break.. I'm living in middletown and will be for a while since I just bought a house here. If any of you people close by want to see how that pair mod looks swing by.. My bike is in pieces and you can see it nicely... winter project.. I'm an hour from R.I., Westchester, and MA.. I"m in the middle

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can count me in. I'm still trying to talk the wife into letting me go to Myrtle this summer (my cousin went down this past summer and got into a bad wreck) but I'm definitely down for Laconia. I'm in Somerville, MA.

We be ridin' Ninja 600's never Harleys kid

·
Registered
720 Posts
What would be really cool but hard to arrange would be to have all kawasaki bikes but of different cc's. Working up from 250 to the zx12. That would be an awesome group and make a good picture.

Drive it like you stole it

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Funny... our group that rides together (about 12 guys if everybody shows) has 4 ZX6R's in the bunch... it's the most popular bike.

In fact, around here I'd say the R6 is of course the belly-button bike (everybody's got one) but the ZX6R is probably a fairly close second.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
The ZX is like the unloved bike here in Las Vegas. EVERYONE rides a Gixxer. I meet people and they're like, "what kind of bike do you have?" When I tell them they always ask, "why didn't you get a GSX-R?" Even the dealer down here has no love for them. I was there and a guy walked in and asked about 600 sportbikes and the salesman showed him the gixxer and the CBR, not once mentioning the ZX-6R (which was well placed in the far back corner behind the coke machine and rack of GSX-R accessories). I'd love to have some sort of ride happen around here in Las Vegas. And if any of you are down here, drop me an e-mail. I'm always lookin' for people to ride with.

Ken - Yellow '02 R

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would be very interested in doing something like this for spring break...or perhaps just as summer starts.

Eventhough I live in Oklahoma I could still make it with some planning.

It looks like enough people are interested so the topic starter "psyclone" should start working on details....dates, times, places. I would suggest just making the dates and times a few months down the road for people to plan and adjust schedules. Don't ask what dates people want because no one is going to tell you the same days...just set the dates and times and places and whoever can or wants to come...will adjust to that.

If you need help let me know. Being a Sergeant in the Marine Corps has giving me LOTS of skills in organizing and coordinating things.

[email protected]

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ken Yellow, I know what you mean about the ninja's being not that popular. I ride with 8 other guys and they all either have a GSXR or CBR. I am the only one with a Ninja and the only girl. It sucky but they dont dog me for having a Ninja. I would beat their ass. hehe.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
thats the reason why i got a ninja, they perform just as well as other 600's if not better in street situations....

besides i got me a Ninja sweatshirt and t-shirt off ebay that i wear all the time to piss of my Honda buddy...

besides anyone who truely thinks the GSX or CBR is better than the 6r doesn't know shit about bikes. They are so close in performance that only professional racers could use their power.

and all your 6R riders out there with buddies who ride a GSX or new CBR's or R6's, I want you to plan the next ride and make sure you plan a nice long one without breaks. And lets see how many of them are bitching about their wrists and butss after the ride is over. The ZX-6R is the most comfy of the 600's, and when people ask me why I got a 6R over the others 600SS bikes, I just tell them that I enjoy riding my bike 100's of miles in comfort and the other 600 SS class bikes couldn't provide that for me.

heck I'm in the process of converting my 6R into a little sport tourer.

Edited by - Andy_7676 on 12/06/2002 13:28:58

·
Registered
431 Posts
Its nice to be different then everyone else. The 6R can hold its own with any of the other 600s out there and then some. Besides from the bikes I've seen on this site it seems the 6R owners really love their machines and have them tricked out to suit themselves. The other guys throw on a pipe and they are done.

·
Registered
690 Posts
in reply to comfort:

I ride with my sister's boyfriend who has an F4i and after 1 hour of riding he is complaining his ass hurts.

I laugh knowing how much longer I can ride. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok.. Ok.. I'm doing 3 different bike events this year. Laconia NH, Myrtle Beach, and Super SUnday. I'll find out the dates for all of them. I will also give anyone my cell phone number so to make things easy we exchange numbers and call when we get there. I'll post up the dates I go. People in my area or along my route are welcome to tag along. SO send me an e-mail and I'll send you my number.. I'll post up dates in about an hour from now

[email protected]

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok.. myrtle beach bike week - May 8 - 19 I'll be leaving thrusday night the 15th and heading home the following monday morning

Laconia bike week is June 7 through 15 - I'll be going up on the morning of the 13th and coming home on the 16th.. I a fairly close to this one..

Super sunday - sept 11 at the Marcus Dairy located in Danbury ct. I know last year when I went their were 1000's of bikes

·
Registered
431 Posts
There was a crew from here that did the Super Sunday Dairy run this year. I couldn't make it. maybe this year cuz from what I've learned they go every year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey i live on long island and i see many people on similar bikes like mine but never riding together if anyone wants to get a bunch of us together and ride one day or night let me know via e - mail...

aight latas

thomas

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.