Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1581 - 1600 of 1610 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please take your time and post your impressions, I would really like to know the rpm at 90mph, is too short a gearing for my usual highway speed?
Thanks gr rider! I'm really enjoying the set up. Alot more torque on the low end and best part is you can keep stock chain length. I do think the rpms get a little higher in that range but gimme a couple days and I'll give you some exact numbers ?
Keep up the good work (y)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks gr rider! I'm really enjoying the set up. Alot more torque on the low end and best part is you can keep stock chain length. I do think the rpms get a little higher in that range but gimme a couple days and I'll give you some exact numbers ?
Edit: sorry posted twice

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice! Where do I find that tiny wind fairing? Is that on top of your speedo?
Yeah it sits attached to the speedo box, OEM part. I am awaiting to receive a proper cafe style fly screen that will attach to the headlight and then remove the OEM tiny fairing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Please take your time and post your impressions, I would really like to know the rpm at 90mph, is too short a gearing for my usual highway speed?

Keep up the good work (y)
Ok back with results. At 90 mph in sitting at almost exactly 6600 rpms. Cant remember if that's much different than stock tho I'm sure it is. At 110 I think I was about 7900 -8000 rpms. Cant remember exactly. But 90 mph is 100% 6600 rpm ? worth the low end torque advantage imo

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice Thank you! Where exactly do the mounting holes line up to? I searched an image with the part number and it's got 2 mounting holes on eachside. ? I dont see a place to mount on my speedo. Send a close up pic of yours?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice Thank you! Where exactly do the mounting holes line up to? I searched an image with the part number and it's got 2 mounting holes on eachside. ? I dont see a place to mount on my speedo. Send a close up pic of yours?
Edit: I found it our speedos are different. I thought they were same same

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Ok back with results. At 90 mph in sitting at almost exactly 6600 rpms. Cant remember if that's much different than stock tho I'm sure it is. At 110 I think I was about 7900 -8000 rpms. Cant remember exactly. But 90 mph is 100% 6600 rpm ? worth the low end torque advantage imo
Thank you very much for the info my friend (y)

Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone, new member new rider!
Just picked up a 2009 Er6n as my first bike! Instantly fell in love. She's not the prettiest but will definitely get there. Working on Full tune up, then cosmetics
Overall awesome bike for town/city.

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello everyone, new member new rider!
Just picked up a 2009 Er6n as my first bike! Instantly fell in love. She's not the prettiest but will definitely get there. Working on Full tune up, then cosmetics
Overall awesome bike for town/city.
Hope you get to ride it. Can't ride around here until we are allowed again, someday. Did start mine last night, just to make sure it still runs, Had an ER6N, with a Yosh slip on, and it sounded great and was a fun ride. tp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hope you get to ride it. Can't ride around here until we are allowed again, someday. Did start mine last night, just to make sure it still runs, Had an ER6N, with a Yosh slip on, and it sounded great and was a fun ride. tp
Still able to ride here in my part of town (SoCal)
Looking like it will get shut down pretty soon though
Stay safe.

Oh nice! I just ordered a fake SC project exhaust off eBay after seeing this
?? We'll see how it goes.

1581 - 1600 of 1610 Posts