Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1601 - 1610 of 1610 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
42 Posts
Bit overdue but I'll share what my steed looks like too 😂 Sorry for the dirt, too many bugs in the countryside this time of the year

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2015 ER6f ABS. I was supposed to be racing this year but Covid has seen the end of that. So I have put a daytime MOT on it. It was standard when I got it, with fairing damage. I have sold the bits I didn't need and bought second hand bits I did need.
It has
Conti Race attack tyres
SV650 clip ons
ZX10 seat unit
Scorpion can
ZX6 rearsets
I have linked the throttle bodies and stiffer fork oil.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very nice (y)

Can you please elaborate on that? Did it make any difference?
Hi there
It's just the IAP link that is quite common, plugged the pair valve at the same time.
I haven't ridden it since doing it, I have a new air filter coming tomorrow so once I have that I can put the bike back together and give it a go.
I am painting the seat unit whilst it's off the bike as it doesn't really match the tank.
I would like to lengthen the exhaust really, do you know anyone that has done that?
Thanks for the reply.
Nick

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Hi there
It's just the IAP link that is quite common, plugged the pair valve at the same time.
I haven't ridden it since doing it, I have a new air filter coming tomorrow so once I have that I can put the bike back together and give it a go.
I am painting the seat unit whilst it's off the bike as it doesn't really match the tank.
I would like to lengthen the exhaust really, do you know anyone that has done that?
Thanks for the reply.
Nick
I see, drop a line when you get to ride it.

Do you wish to lengthen the exhaust for practical or aesthetic reasons? From my experience short exhausts are better for track use, faster revving and better at high rpm while longer ones are better for low and midrange torque.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see, drop a line when you get to ride it.

Do you wish to lengthen the exhaust for practical or aesthetic reasons? From my experience short exhausts are better for track use, faster revving and better at high rpm while longer ones are better for low and midrange torque.
I would like it longer for performance reasons, I was talking to guy that races them at the last trackday I did and he said if I lengthen the exhaust it will give me a bit more grunt.
But also in a vain attempt to quieten it down a bit. It just about scrapes through on trackdays at the track I use the most and it's limiting for other tracks as some are more strict than others.The old boy at the track I go to most sends me away to go and get the engine hot and re tests me. My brother has an ER6F and just tells the guy it's a ZX10 and he passes it every time. I have a mid section piece from an '08 zx6r in the shed which I will use to try and fabricate something longer. Then probably swap the end can.
What pipe do you have?
Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I would like it longer for performance reasons, I was talking to guy that races them at the last trackday I did and he said if I lengthen the exhaust it will give me a bit more grunt.
But also in a vain attempt to quieten it down a bit. It just about scrapes through on trackdays at the track I use the most and it's limiting for other tracks as some are more strict than others.The old boy at the track I go to most sends me away to go and get the engine hot and re tests me. My brother has an ER6F and just tells the guy it's a ZX10 and he passes it every time. I have a mid section piece from an '08 zx6r in the shed which I will use to try and fabricate something longer. Then probably swap the end can.
What pipe do you have?
Thanks
Nick
You are welcome, I had a Two Brothers VALE can fitted for many years, ultra short and racy, and now I have a Leo Vince end can which came with a mid pipe, so much longer in size:

The right person will fabricate a mid pipe for any exhaust system if the one you mentioned doesn't fit.

1601 - 1610 of 1610 Posts